EL AL Flights over Middle East

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
sheeraz
Registered Member

EL AL Flights over Middle East

Post by sheeraz »

Hello everyone,

I recently noticed on Flightaware that EL AL flights to and from Israel were going over Oman, Saudi Arabia and UAE. For those who follow flightaware as a passion, you can see that EL AL flights from Mumbai and Bangkok cut thorough airspace of "friendly muslim countries". There is no doubt that if there is an emergency situation than this EL AL flights will have to land in Middle East somewhere.
I noticed that flights from Mumbai crossed much of Saudi Arabia and Oman.
I was under the impression that EL AL cannot use airspace of Arab countries.
On a similar note, Qatar has been banned in using airspace of its "brothers countries". It seems like they will allow ISrael but not Qatar.

I welcome analysis of others

Thanks,
Sheeraz
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Re: EL AL Flights over Middle East

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Perhaps this post should be in the World Aviation Forum.....
mohammad
Registered Member

Re: EL AL Flights over Middle East

Post by mohammad »

sheeraz wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:39 pm Hello everyone,

I recently noticed on Flightaware that EL AL flights to and from Israel were going over Oman, Saudi Arabia and UAE. For those who follow flightaware as a passion, you can see that EL AL flights from Mumbai and Bangkok cut thorough airspace of "friendly muslim countries". There is no doubt that if there is an emergency situation than this EL AL flights will have to land in Middle East somewhere.
I noticed that flights from Mumbai crossed much of Saudi Arabia and Oman.
I was under the impression that EL AL cannot use airspace of Arab countries.
On a similar note, Qatar has been banned in using airspace of its "brothers countries". It seems like they will allow ISrael but not Qatar.

I welcome analysis of others

Thanks,
Sheeraz
Flightaware and flightradar plot an estimated route from where the tracking ends and where it starts again. doesn't mean that the flight took that direct route.