Giant 1/14th scale Super Constellation L1049G's RC Model

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

OK so interest is still there, Unfortunately i don't have USB port working on my PC now days so no latest pictures could be uploaded presently, but a lot of text will be shared. Guy do post once in while, this way i know its being observed with interest.

Latest on the project is that local TV station , OLN's RC-TV has taken over this project to shoot series of footages from present stage to maidin flight in mid July!, now they will do 3 different series on my model and will be on air on there regular Saturday morning show, so whoever can see it on Cable is most welcome to it.

As for model,i have commenced glassing the model, currently i'm just doing small areas as i i only have 12 min epoxy to work with, once i get west Systems laminating epoxy and glassing cloth i will start to do full air frame starring with fuselage.

Sanded smooth fiberglass has its on feel to it, finish becomes dynamic once glass is layed and sanded to perfection.

A lot more to come so stay tuned..
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Last edited by ConnieMan on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

RC-TV and Super Conatellation project

Post by ConnieMan »

To all its not going to happen now, too much pressure is backed off from TV thing...
Last edited by ConnieMan on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

r u kidding me??? ITS GONNA BE ON RCTV??? :shock: :shock: I watch that every saturday morning... can u tell me which week u'r model will be shown??? also rc-tv's website is http://www.xten.tv. u can watch vids here. hope they load ur vid of the model too so ppl can see. I will see it for sure!!! just tell me which week plz!! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

No i'm not kidding you or anyone, this is for real and will happen within couple of weeks, now i don't know myself when and what show it will be aired on but i will definately let everyone know ahead of time.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Hello Guys,

Just to let all here know that i have canceled the the offer from RCTV, it was becoming high pressure for me to handle as they were asking too much from me for there show, so i passed on it as these things can't be done properly under pressure. Now i feel a lot relaxed and will be building this model relaxed attitude...
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Check out all the latest on this project:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45383 ... e_7/tm.htm
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

looking very nice... your model is bigger than the other guy right?? I hope to see it done soon... it willl be a beauty. BTW, wat livery will this connie get? :wink: PIA???
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

it should be PIA ... its would look amazing ... PIA might end up giving you $40,000 for it lol ... you never know ... is the prop area going to be hollow ?
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

PIA10141 wrote:looking very nice... your model is bigger than the other guy right?? I hope to see it done soon... it willl be a beauty. BTW, wat livery will this connie get? :wink: PIA???
Mohsin,

it will be in TCA (Trans Canada Airlines) livery now as we have lost our CF-TGE to MOF in US forever, this project was started in fear of losing CF-TGE back in August of last year. You can see picture of it my signature banner when it was in service.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

AirBlue wrote:it should be PIA ... its would look amazing ... PIA might end up giving you $40,000 for it lol ... you never know ... is the prop area going to be hollow ?
Sorry i couldn't clearly understand what you meant by Prop hollow area!, do mean by current framework of engine pods?....Can you be specific...

This one will be done in TCA livery but i will be doing another one after this and that will be in PIA livery and may even cost $40,000 just in material costs :wink:

(Hint Hint 1/6th scale model!!!)
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

you really gotta calm down my friend there ... 1/6th ? thats huge ... will that be an R/C? ... i gotta see this stuff of yours
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Yes it is as i have designed the plans for it and already sold 4 sets of plans across the world including Ontario at $300/set + shipping.

Wingspan is 21 feet
Length is 19 feet
Power: 4x Gassers ie: G62s

Just size of main wheels is 12" diameter!!!

"Calm down", well then thats no fun or spirit!!, we live once then why not do things we want to do to the fullest, who knows what will be the life like after this one....
Last edited by ConnieMan on Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

1/6th.... hmm... that sounds close to the cessna size... llol.. I gotta see this! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Finally after long wait i managed to rig up L/Gs for the bird, I made these as rolling mock ups to get better idea about its length of struts, wheels, wheel base and over all height of the model how it will be once retracts will be on the model. I took few pictures today and will be posting them on RCU, RSCB and Aeroclassic's site. I will post link here as soon as pictures are posted so stay tuned..