My 1/144 Revell Pepsi Concorde

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

My 1/144 Revell Pepsi Concorde

Post by ConnieMan »

I thought i would share my Pepsi Concorde model also, this model took 1 1/2 yr to complete, it was one of the longest model build time consuming wise that i did. Many parts on the model were scratch built from plastic card, piano wire and brass sheet. I used Xtra color's Sabina Blue on it and once i sprayedfirst mist cote i had to leave it for 2 weeks before second cote, then after second cote i left it for 6 months to competely dry before i polished the paint!, Polishing took 6 weeks to do and i used 8000 grit wet sanding cloth. After paint polishing i applied custom made decals and clear coted it again, once clear cote was fully dry in about 4 days, i polished that too and it took 2 weeks to bring out flawless mirror finish on it. I also made towing tug and tow bar by scratch folowing the base that was also done for it. I have won couple of medals including Gold and silver on this model at local model contests. One you can see in the link below.

http://www.airlinercafe.com/page.php?id ... 6eddec51f6

Actually you will see my 1/200 Saudia DC3 as SAR-1 and in over view picture you also see my 1/200 Saudia B727-200 towards the lower end of the picture. I hope you guys like it, this model was done as i loved the Pepsi Colors on Concorde and i had traded my Herpa Pepsi Concorde year before this model and still regrets to this day.
Valkyrie
Registered Member

Post by Valkyrie »

Great looking concorde, Sameer.
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

Good looking Model. Was that Airfix or Revell?

Here's how my Revell BA concorde turned out:

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Thanks guys, it was alot of work as i also had cut elevons out and drooped them in neutral position, i sort of created a story as its being towed from hanger to the gate.

Nasir,

Your Concorde looks as airfix kit, reason being non drooping nose, not even a nose sepration line to indicate as seprate pieces similar to Revell mould, plus not a resessed panel line detail on the whole model yet you did awsome job on it :). How did wings assembelled on your model, were the 3 pieces or 7 pieces.....
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

Aah, now I remember- Airfix nose is not detached.

Actually, even though I had the separate nose as part of the Revell kit, I decided to keep the nose up. A lack of recessed lines is a result of days and days of puttying and sanding. I've become a firm believer (after seeing an expert modeler show me using PhotoShop) that recessed lines and rivets would disappear completely if you were to view an aircraft from a distance that would make it 1/144 or even 1/72 scale.

The wings were 3 parts.