Giant 1/14th scale Super Constellation L1049G's RC Model

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

ConnieMan wrote: How do i load pictures on this site?, i have been trying to figure it out but can't...any inputs please. Thanks
viewtopic.php?t=5835

Looking forward to some pics. Will you be adding real lights to this model?
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Saadu wrote:
ConnieMan wrote: How do i load pictures on this site?, i have been trying to figure it out but can't...any inputs please. Thanks
viewtopic.php?t=5835

Looking forward to some pics. Will you be adding real lights to this model?
Thanks for images uploading link, i diden't know it was that complicated :lol:

As for lighting question, yes i am currently looking what are my options on lighting system/s as i want to add landing lights, taxi light on nose gear only, nav lights, rotating becon on the middle tail and anti collison lights.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Fowler Flap tracks and slider/carrier

Post by ConnieMan »

Update #3

Today i achieved a milestone for this model today, i had been thinking on the lines of making operational fowler flaps and mechanisum, i was looking into adopting miniture jack screw methord but finally today i laid all my ideas on paper and came up with very nice and effective system. I made my own drawing and created fowler flaps track out of scrap 1/8" balsa sheet as experimant. Once i made track i also made slider with pins to run in the tracks, well Voila!!, it worked perfect on the first time except to get right degrees i had to cut tracks bit longer and curverd top track at 90 degrees down so slider can rotate at 60 degrees with full deployment.

I will post pics soon.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Hello Guys,

I just added some pictures from the time i started this project, i am linking them here for all to see it. All these pictures are in order as the steps were taken on this build from left to right.
Pls see Pg 3 and Pg 5 for my pictures.

Moin Plz let Rehan bahi know about this build, maybe he might contact me after seen these pics.

More current and latest pictures will be added tonight, keep checking this link frequently:wink: .

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4538333/tm.htm
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

Another member, wegier-r has also built quite a nice model:

Hope yours looks even better.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nasir,

Actually that model is wegier-r friend's model, its powered by Electric brushless motors, Richie also started same as his friend but after seeing me do mine as Glow powered, he also changed his mind and to glow and is going with 4x .25 Magnums, his model is alot lighter then mine as it was designed as electric model, he has done alot of restrengthining to take all the stress and vibration from glow engines.

I don't know about Richie's model as he is part of maintenance team with Swiss Bretling Connie!, he has way better chance then me on all sorts of detail from real aircraft. I will do my best with it, hopefully we both will have awsome RC Connie models.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Milestine of this Project, functioning Fowler Flap Mock-up!!

Post by ConnieMan »

I have posted many new and latest pictures of the project on RCuniverse thread, link is in above post, plz check it out specially my own design of easily functional fowler flaps mechanisum set-up as mock up, this is very interesting design and achicevement too. Take a look on pg5 and let meknow what you think.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Re: Milestine of this Project, functioning Fowler Flap Mock-

Post by PIA10141 »

ConnieMan wrote:I have posted many new and latest pictures of the project on RCuniverse thread, link is in above post, plz check it out specially my own design of easily functional fowler flaps mechanisum set-up as mock up, this is very interesting design and achicevement too. Take a look on pg5 and let meknow what you think.
hey, have u checked out there rc cars? i heared that they have some RC DRIFTERS :shock: :shock: ??? I would love it if you could find out some good ones for me...LOL, I really want one... :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

PIA10141 wrote: hey, have u checked out there rc cars? i heared that they have some RC DRIFTERS :shock: :shock: ??? I would love it if you could find out some good ones for me...LOL, I really want one... :lol:
Sorry i am not into RC cars so i can't help you brother.....
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

ConnieMan wrote:
PIA10141 wrote: hey, have u checked out there rc cars? i heared that they have some RC DRIFTERS :shock: :shock: ??? I would love it if you could find out some good ones for me...LOL, I really want one... :lol:
Sorry i am not into RC cars so i can't help you brother.....
lol, thanks anyways man! Hey, are u a pro in rc planes? can u suggest me a good electric plane between $300?? thanks bro, I saw a Super Cub but it was styrophome not plastic or anything. :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

PM me your number, i call you and we'll hookup, how about that...
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

My current understanding is that NO one is really interested in following my model's progress and inquiries, being said that i will not be posting more on here anymore, this way its one less website i have update about my project.

Once fully finished then i will make last post on here for you guys to see final product created.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

No im looking juts never reply :lol:
i like this RC model. hope to see it done in PIA colours !!
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

I want more info on it too... I need the most I can so it can hep in the future with my RC! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Waiting for the finished or progress pics Connie?!