PIA fleet's average age to be reduced to 9 years by 2011

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

RECORDER REPORT

KARACHI (November 19 2005): The average age of the national flag carrier, Pakistan International Airline (PIA) fleet by 2011would be targeted to nine years against current 22 years. Changes are being made in pia to improve its performance in terms of profitability, service and efficiency.

These views were expressed by pia Chairman Tariq Kirmani at a dinner hosted by Chairman and members of Managing Committee of Pakistan Petroleum Dealers Association (PPDA) here on Thursday.

He said that currently the average age PIA's fleet is 22 years, and added it is now targeted to bring it down to nine years by 2011.

The national flag carrier is in the process of improvement and would compete with all foreign airlines and very soon it would be one of the best airlines of the world.

Tariq said that a complaint registration system has already been introduced by providing a 'complaint card' to pia passengers. The complaints reported in the beginning had been reduced to a great extent, he added.

He said, "We have comparatively small competitors in the airline industry of the country but despite their small size they all are giving pia a very tough time."

Giving details about situation of airlines industry of the world, Kirmani said there were 300 airlines in the world with $400 billion combined revenue and $7.5 billion combined losses. He said that airline is a service industry and pia's foremost priority is to provide best service to its travellers.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2005

So what fleet compostion will PIA have in 2011 to enable it to have an average fleet of approx 9 years ??
PK786
Registered Member

Post by PK786 »

First of all i say get rid of those 2 antiques i.e our beloved 74M's!!!!!! That should make a big difference to the fleet's average age. How they still fly is beyond me!! :lol: :lol: :lol: