Boeing 777-200LR landing.....?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Boeing 777-200LR landing.....?

Post by Charliedelta11 »

i was wondering..the landing of the LR was performed by Capt. Asif Reza...but since he is'nt a 777 rated pilot..was'nt it illegal for him to land that aircraft ? Doesnt the CAA have any rules or regulations regarding such stuff ? or did he undergo some kind of special training allowing him to land the 777 that day at LHR ?
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Quite simply he did not. The flight was operated by Boeing crew. Pakistani Licensed pilots can not operate an American registered aircraft unless its a training flight and permission is granted. THis is just misreporting by the media as usual.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

no cheetah,contrary to popular belief this is not false reporting. capt asif did land the 777lr without a rating on the equipment...bbc has taken the matter in scrutiny and social confessions and declarations that he made are being used against him...BREAKING NEWS..in the wake of this controversy this record breaking flight WILL not be entered in to the guiness book... if he isnt removed now then hes truly invincible .....the nightmare of his era must end...and this should do it..!!
F.K
BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

Asif Reza, a pilot for Pakistan International Airlines who was at the controls when the plane landed at Heathrow Airport looks over the jet afterward.
(November 10, 2005)

James Wallace/Seattle Post-Intelligencer
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/boeing/longestflight/

Click where its says "Photos" / The Historic Flight-

There are 11 pics, and indeed, it was Asif Reza who landed the 777-200LR.
End of debate.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

cheetah what are u going on about????There are photos and many articles to prove this. Your out of your depth son, have a word.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

FK where did u find out that the record might not be upheld if he was in command? And this BBC thing?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

BOEING777 wrote:
Asif Reza, a pilot for Pakistan International Airlines who was at the controls when the plane landed at Heathrow Airport looks over the jet afterward.
(November 10, 2005)

James Wallace/Seattle Post-Intelligencer
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/boeing/longestflight/

Click where its says "Photos" / The Historic Flight-

There are 11 pics, and indeed, it was Asif Reza who landed the 777-200LR.
End of debate.
Very informative link!

Here's photo of Capt. Asif Abbas Reza
Asif Reza, a pilot for Pakistan International Airlines who was at the controls when the plane landed at Heathrow Airport looks over the jet afterward. (November 10, 2005) - James Wallace/Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

lets really put things in perspective here..recently A PIA flight was landed by a Captain who was not an A310 rated captain but was half way down his training on the A310, when confronted , he denied having done any such thing . They were actually threatened by Capt Asif Reza ( Senior Vice president -DFO ) with dire consequences and he was also contemplating sacking them..how ironic is'nt it ?
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

ok guys here is little information for those who are not sure about stuff , according to caa pak , caa uk and faa usa any captain can fly aircarft under the supervision of test captain or in the present of other rated crew member , this is call special permission to flying for few hours. or one flight , so far capt asif flow couple time 777 in usa and boeing took special permission from faa to allow them to land aircarft at LHR.

As it is totally boeing matter and those members who working for airlines will agree with me that we get waver most of time from caa or faa.

go to FAA 147/ 145 site you will find the legal stuff regarding this matter.
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Mr. Ali (Aer Pakistan) was himself there at the time when 772LR landed, he had seen the plane landing in the command of Capt. Asif and the information he has posted above now is enough for confirmation.

I think there shouldn't be any confusion anymore
Adnan
Saleem Hatoum
Registered Member

Post by Saleem Hatoum »

de
Last edited by Saleem Hatoum on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

Yes, that is true. For that matter, if there is a qualified instructor in the right seat, and it is not a commercial flight, you or I could sit in the left seat.

The debate centers around the fact that he was reported "in command" of the flight.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

If this is at all true it just goes on to show the immaturity of Capt Asif. You will never be a B777 captain so get over it already.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

Was Capt. Asif assisted by Capt. Ilyas or a Boeing Captain while landing B777-200 LR?
Further, if any pics of Capt. Asif showing on controls of B777-200 LR, will be gr8?
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
umar744
Registered Member

yes i have seen capt.asif photo on captain seat 777LR but

Post by umar744 »

salam
yes yes yes yes yes capt.asif did sit captain pilot landed heathrow. he showed me to see his digital camera photography picture also boeing media person tried to send picture of his face approach heathrow to me but bad news my computer is problem not working receive that why my computer FAILED to send picture into this history of pia. why you not trust capt.asif had been sat captain pilot landed at heathrow airport???all other pilot standed in cockpit to watched landed heathrow because it NOT NOT NOT passenger or airline or cargo. IT IS SPECIAL TEST FLIGHT. if you lucky fly boeing 777 protype for test or trial then you can go to cockpit and see it take off and landing. if jump seat full then you can stand and your hand hold captain's seat head or back or your hand hold wall or door to see cockpit land. no problem. you better to ask boeing media or capt.asif to send you video or picture. i have seen video and picture. i am sorry my camera and video are problem fault.
may god bless you
take care
with lots of love
good luck
umar