Fog delays flights at KHI airport

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Junaid
Registered Member

Fog delays flights at KHI airport

Post by Junaid »

Fog affects life in Karachi
(Updated at 1230 PST)
KARACHI: Normal life was affected by thick fog that covered Karachi and adjoining areas Thursday morning. Karachi airport was closed over six hours due to poor visibility.

A sheet of thick mist shielded Karachi and adjacent areas from late night till 8:00 am in morning creating problems for transport at highways due to poor visibility.

Domestic and international flights schedule badly hit by the murkiness surrounding the metropolis. According to the aviation sources the last flight landed at the airport on 3:30 am on the night between Wednesday and Thursday; No flight landed afterwards due to hazy atmosphere.

Several international flights returned back to their takeoff airports while some flights landed at India’s Ahmedabad or Muscat. The flights from Karachi to Islamabad, Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan and other cities were delayed and takeoff late than the scheduled time.

Flight operation restarted at the airport on 9:30 am when a flight left for Islamabad.

Source: http://www.jang-group.com/thenews/index.html
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

Are there any flight delays at ISB airport?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Junaid wrote:Are there any flight delays at ISB airport?
Only due to bad weather or if the parking area is loaded....i remember my dad told me they (AirBlue 205) had to circle over ISB for like 20-25 minutes once before landing as the parking bays were full. And there was another a/c in landing sequence aswell