Boeing 777-200LR record flight info

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Boeing 777-200LR record flight info

Post by Charliedelta11 »

Scotron11 From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2004, 674 posts, RR: 0
Reply 14, posted Wed Nov 9 2005 04:08:14 UTC+1 and read 2656 times:

Interesting to note that the pilots that will be on board are not only from PIA, but from SIA as well, and SIA haven't ordered the model, yet.

Could be they will?

just read this on airliners.net.....does anyone hav any idea who the PIA pilots are ? and are these pilots there only as observers or ? [/quote]
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

On Nov. 9-10, 2005, Boeing's new 777-200LR will attempt to fly from Hong Kong to London creating a new world record for the longest commercial jetliner flight.
Map
Note: The precise route will not be known until the plane leaves Hong Kong, and will depend on weather and where the pilots can find the best jet stream.
TRACK THE FLIGHT!
Boeing has created a Web site to let the general public monitor the mission, which will begin at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday (PST):
www.777.newairplane.com
Salam to All .....Raza
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Boeing Jet Attempts Record Nonstop Flight

By WILLOW DUTTGE, Associated Press Writer

HONG KONG -
A Boeing Co. jet took off Wednesday from Hong Kong to try breaking the record for the longest nonstop flight by a commercial jet - a trip that involves flying over the Pacific Ocean and North America before landing in London.

"We plan to smash the current record," said Captain Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann, one of the four pilots of the 777-200LR Worldliner, one of Boeing's newest planes.

The flight was expected to take about 23 hours and cover more than 12,586 miles, a Boeing statement said.

The plane will have 35 passengers and crew, including Boeing representatives, journalists and customers.

Plans are for the jet to fly farther than a Boeing 747-400 that flew 10,500 miles from London to Sydney in 1989, the company said.

The record-breaking attempt is part of Boeing's fierce competition with its European rival, Airbus SAS. The Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner was designed to compete directly with the popular Airbus 340-500, which has a flight range of 10,380 miles.

After leaving Hong Kong, the Boeing jet was to fly to the northern Pacific Ocean, cross North America and cruise over the Atlantic Ocean to London, said a Boeing spokesman, Chuck Cadena. Hong Kong-London flights usually fly over Russia.

Boeing expects to deliver the first 777-200LR to Pakistan International Airlines in early 2006, the statement said. Taiwan's EVA Air, Qatar Airways and Air India have also announced orders.

Boeing said that Guinness World Records representatives would monitor the flight and attend the landing at London's Heathrow Airport.

Source: Yahoo News
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

viewtopic.php?t=3872

Too slow :)

Posted a thread this morning :D
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

from a TELEX of PIA I got to know that Cpt ASIF (DFO) and Cpt ILYAS are accompaniying the flight and the landing at LHR will be perfomed by Cpt ASIF.
Salam to All .....Raza
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

i really doubt that a PIA captain will be allowed a landing at LHR especially cz its a BOEING experimental AC and a complete Boeing operation. They have there own expert test pilots on board who have been said to share the flight journey... but if it happens... it will be a milestone for PIA... will see....
PK773ER
Registered Member

Post by PK773ER »

yup it will be big thing for PIA i hope they will allow PIA pilot
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

ok guys according to this website "Captain Asif Reza, chief of flight operations for Pakistan International Airlines, will be in command on arrival in London, with Boeing's director of flight crew operations John Cashman as co-pilot." :)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/ ... ght10.html
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Wow, he is most likely going to be in the Guiness book of wolrd record, I am very proud of him a PIA pilot and another Pakistani will be in that book. Mashallah. :D =D> \:D/
GrandSlam
Registered Member

Post by GrandSlam »

AWESOME!!!!!I cant describe my emotions right now...Way To Go PIA And Boeing,Proud of PIA's Pilots...
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Capt Asif is not a 777 rated Captain, so this information is incorrect.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

raza wrote:from a TELEX of PIA I got to know that Cpt ASIF (DFO) and Cpt ILYAS are accompaniying the flight and the landing at LHR will be perfomed by Cpt ASIF.
Congrats to Capt. Asif Abbas Reza and Capt. Ilyas on being part of this historic record breaking flight =D>
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

Dear cheetah
this info was from an official PIA telex !!!
I do not think they should spread wrong information
Salam to All .....Raza
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Well my source is far more direct than a telex. Capt Asif was on this flight merely on the capacity of a DFO, not an operating pilot.