British Airways - Lahore schedule

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
nopy99
Registered Member

British Airways - Lahore schedule

Post by nopy99 »

I got notification from BA that my flight in March 2022 on LHE - LHR sector has been cancelled.

Looking at flight search tool on BA.com I can't see any flights from February 2022 onwards. Has BA dropped LHE as a station? Maybe it's preparation for resumption of PIA direct flights and BA are assuming reduced load factor between LHR-LHE once PIA resumes services.

Does anyone have any official info about BA dropping LHE?
murtaza12
Registered Member

Re: British Airways - Lahore schedule

Post by murtaza12 »

There were talks of BA shutting down LHE route a few months ago. Not sure what came of it. See here: https://www.historyofpia.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=29328

In March 2022, BA disappears from GDS, but PIA is showing 2x weekly LHE - LHR (PK-757 / PK-758).
London Flyer
Registered Member

Post by London Flyer »

Summer schedule was showing LGW - ISB when I was looking for flights last week. Could it be the same with this route?
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Unless things change, unfortunately lahore wont be running past the 29th of March when the new IATA season/timetable begins. Unless, obviously things change.
baberblues
Registered Member

Re: British Airways Cutting Lahore in Summer 2021

Post by baberblues »

I seen an article on Facebook in regards to Lahore being cut at the end of February 2022, supposedly due to concerns of the recent inspection done by British authorities at Lahore Airport. Not sure how much truth there is in this, but none the less if the cut goes ahead then it would be a shame to lose the carrier.

I have linked the article below.

https://pkaviation.com/2022/01/03/briti ... ishairways
nopy99
Registered Member

Post by nopy99 »

baberblues wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:27 pm I seen an article on Facebook in regards to Lahore being cut at the end of February 2022, supposedly due to concerns of the recent inspection done by British authorities at Lahore Airport. Not sure how much truth there is in this, but none the less if the cut goes ahead then it would be a shame to lose the carrier.

Thanks for sharing :thumbs_up:

I think this article is speculation as surely Virgin would also be affected if there was a concern raised by UK authorities.

Personally I think as QR have increased capacity to LHE, BA have ceased as QR has a large share holding in IAG (BA's parent company). This coupled with potentially PIA restarting soon means direct capacity may have made this route undesirable for BA.
Badar42
Registered Member

Post by Badar42 »

nopy99 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:19 am
baberblues wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:27 pm I seen an article on Facebook in regards to Lahore being cut at the end of February 2022, supposedly due to concerns of the recent inspection done by British authorities at Lahore Airport. Not sure how much truth there is in this, but none the less if the cut goes ahead then it would be a shame to lose the carrier.

Thanks for sharing :thumbs_up:

I think this article is speculation as surely Virgin would also be affected if there was a concern raised by UK authorities.

Personally I think as QR have increased capacity to LHE, BA have ceased as QR has a large share holding in IAG (BA's parent company). This coupled with potentially PIA restarting soon means direct capacity may have made this route undesirable for BA.
I believe Lahore was always a seasonal/temporary route for BA.last year at one point BA actually announced the termination of lahore but later retracted and carried on flying.But by the looks of it its actually end of it.Hopefully virgin will carry on flying to Lahore.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

Is LHE-LHR last flight on Monday 28 February 2022? I will try to buy BA ticket LHR-LHE-LHR before BA close down because I have not seen my parents & sister & brother for over 2 two years due to Thai Airways flight finished LHE and all airlines staff ticket BANNED EMBARGO
ZulqarnainB
Registered Member

Post by ZulqarnainB »

It's nothing got to do with security concerns or any recent inspections done from the British authorities.

Due to the load factors not reaching it's market, they have decided to shut down the route until further notice.

Zulqarnain Butt
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

Having flown on all of these cariers, Virgin offers a far superior product than BA. PIA "business class" is a better product than BA's economony plus whilst prices are fairly similar. In economy, BA is not that great either (eventhough better than PIA) all others offer better products so no wonder BA struggle. For my next flight I have deceided to pay a bit more but fly with Virgin for a better product.
But still it is a shame to loose BA from Lahore.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

https://simpleflying.com/inside-pakista ... e-flights/

Interesting to read that fares on this route are very low due to mostly families visiting home and not much business travel...
BaDaR
Registered Member

Post by BaDaR »

BA also moving ISB to Gatwick by end of march with daily flights.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Shame BA are closing the route, supposedly due to low loads. Wonder what it would've been like pre-covid.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

In hindsight always made little sense to operate 7h flights to two international destinations split by 4h driving time.

What I find bit interesting is that VFR routes are considered low yield routes. Should it be that a full economy would probably generate as much revenue as a plane having extended business class but never flying business class full?
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Pineapple
Registered Member

Post by Pineapple »

Cant someone or some organisation influence BA to to reverse the decision and continue serving LHE. Like a business or chamber of commerce? CAA? Ministry of tourism? diplomats or passengers? LH and SQ left in the same manner, first discontinue one station and then stop flying altogether.
4 engines 4 long-haul