Emirates Business Class (A380) (LHR-DXB)

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Emirates Business Class (A380) (LHR-DXB)

Post by Sherry3002 »

AoA,

A New trip report, this time Emirates. I managed to snap a few photos here and there though it is not much. I will improve on my next flight, probably will take a proper camera. I will also write a report for an EK77W flight to Islamabad.

After my VS flight to LHR, I re-booked the return leg on EK. After a 5 day trip, I grabbed my bags and left for DXB airport. I arrived at the check-in where a very pleasant staff member, who I presume was Australian from his accent, checked me in. I did some duty-free shopping before heading to the EK lounge. Great food and seating were on offer, and out of 10, I would probably give this lounge 8.

I headed to the plane where I was greeted by two lovely flight attendants, who showed me to my seat, 14E. I immediately noticed the cramped seat area. I read it was about 18 inches wide, which is fine for me, but for slightly larger pax it would be quite uncomfortable, especially on long 16 hour flights. I was immediately offered pre-departure drinks. Juice, Alcohol or Water. I obviously chose the Apple Juice and was quickly also given cold towels. The doors shut 5 minutes early with a 40% load in Business, 90% load in Economy and 60% load in First.

Cabin view.
The useless minibar.
I had a terrible flu so I took an Asprin and went to bed. When I woke up, the aspirin and other medication were nowhere to be seen. There were almost 7 FA's and I couldn't flag all of them down, so I just let it go. I requested to have my meal now, which I heard is allowed. After some hustle amongst the attendants, I was finally served a 'Beef Steak with Gravy, Sauteed vegetables and mashed potatoes" if I remember correctly. I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic. My apologies.

Some space around the seat.

I reclined to use the world's most famous IFE system, ICE. And believe me, it is so NOT overrated. It is freaking AMAZING! I am used to PK, QR's or CX's IFE, but wow! I watched a few movies (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, etc) I also took full advantage of the in-built massage functions, and lumbar support, which were much-needed thanks to my flu. In my eyes, the minibar is useless because the drinks are hot. Who wants hot Pepsi? or perhaps a nice warm 7-Up? No use since one can just ask the helpful FA's and you get your drink in minutes. I momentarily visited F Class since I realised an old friend of mine was flying as well after he passed right next to my seat. The F cabin is nice but way too glossy for my taste. Personally, the least time I flew EK F, the FA's were very rude and the food was some watery soup + some slush, but I guess I just ran out of luck that time. I prefer EY's F, not QR's but EY's. They have a soothing atmosphere, their food was better and the FA's were kind. And amazingly all that for a much cheaper price. What do ya'll think?

The cabin.

My view.
We hit a patch of turbulence and before I knew it we were descending into DXB. We landed 20 minutes early and taxied to the gate. And taxied, and taxied, and taxied Finally we parked at an A380 gate. I had an aisle seat and couldn't see the airline, but as soon as I got up, I realised we had parked next to an Emirates 77W which had brought me to DXB a few years ago! I thought A380 and 777 gates were separated? I disembarked after thanking the crew, and as I was leaving the airport caught the glimpse of a small A320 taking off. I couldn't make out the airline till I got closer and realised it was PIA's little A320 operating PK208 to Karachi :) I had a 1-day stopover in DXB before flying back to ISB on the 77W.

Hope you liked this little TR :D

Sherry!
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

EK622
Registered Member

Re: Emirates Business Class (A380) (LHR-DXB)

Post by EK622 »

Dear...
Once again excellent TR, best part is pictures which always keeps the interest alive not only in reading but for future travel plans for a geek like me...
Stay blessed...
""" i will try business class of a380 in my next trip InshaAllah"""
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

EK622 wrote:Dear...
Once again excellent TR, best part is pictures which always keeps the interest alive not only in reading but for future travel plans for a geek like me...
Stay blessed...
""" i will try business class of a380 in my next trip InshaAllah"""
No problem! Same here. I also like TR's with photos :) My PIA TR's always have pics since I fly them the most :D
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

Amzaing TR :thumbs_up: If you are looking forward to a beginner point and shoot camera buy Canon Powershot Sx50HS :thumbs_up: or Canon 600D DSLr
Jumbo is just not a plane, it's a legacy !
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

747-300 wrote:Amzaing TR :thumbs_up: If you are looking forward to a beginner point and shoot camera buy Canon Powershot Sx50HS :thumbs_up: or Canon 600D DSLr
Thanks for the advice.