Airliner model snaps !

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
Osman
Registered Member

Airliner model snaps !

Post by Osman »

This model is very special to me as it invokes a lot of memories of my childhood (early 1980s).......when I used to live near Kuwait airport runway and these huge birds flew over my rooftop with full flaps extended, gears down ,screaming gloss silver engines and screeching sounds !!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

These Kuwait Airways B747-200s looked beautiful at night usually parked next to the bridge at Kuwait airport ........with shiny silver engines

Another classic bird that makes me relive my past is this L1011 Tristar in the famous "Golden Falcon" livery.....one of the most eye catchy liveries of its time ! These too had gloss silver engines........and sooner than late I am going to paint its engines silver gloss ! This bird was always spotted in Karachi so was BA Landor Tristars and JAL DC-10s.........good old days

A close up of EK B777-300.........fine details of this "Rise soon" product........an excellent model with rubber tyres ! Emirates B777s are a usual sight over Lahore skies...........arriving late at night and departing before dawn. Their engines produce a vibrating sound that distinguishes them from PK 777s !
Osman
Registered Member

Re: Airliner model snaps !

Post by Osman »

A close up of EK B777-300.........fine details of this "Rise soon" product........an excellent model with rubber tyres ! Emirates B777s are a usual sight over Lahore skies...........arriving late at night and departing before dawn. Their engines produce a vibrating sound that distinguishes them from PK 777s !

Hogan detailed GE-90B engines with revolving fan blades

Hopefully some manufacturer will launch detailed models with blinking lights !!! unfortunately aviation modelling has not progressed that rapidly......we have seen different stands, static to rubber wheels, static to revolving fan blades but no work on lights or moving flaps??

Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

That Hogan AF 773ER looks like its taken quite a beating unless its just dirty, which makes it all the more realistic looking to actual AF a/c.

Hogan has improved their 772LR and 773ER models considerably with curved GE90-110/115B engine blades and a revised engine lip and additional details. They are also releasing the AF 773ER in the new AF livery as well as the Skyteam livery.

Hogan, Risesoon and Aero Le Plane are the top 3 manufacturers of 1:200 scale plastic models and have a loyal airline customer base. As for blinking lights and movable control surfaces, that is still a long way off and will be prohibitively expensive.
Moin Abbasi
Osman
Registered Member

Post by Osman »

AF 777 was infact dirty and I deliberately photographed it like that.

Blinking lights and moving control surfaces would definitely come with associated cost but even a couple of such models would be a great treat when displayed !

Recently I bought four hasegawa kits (JAL DC-10 & MD-11 J Bird, NW DC-10 and Eastern A300) all classics in addition to wooster Saudia B747-300 (green striped) and Boeing house colour B787. Soon I will share the healthy additions to my collection !
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nice photos mate! Need to start collecting! :D