PIA Rarity

Share info & photos related to PIA and Pakistan aviation collectible items like stickers, airline safety cards, postcards, in-flight music, art work, modified photos and other miscellaneous Pakistan aviation related hobbies.
chaklala
Registered Member

PIA Rarity

Post by chaklala »

I found this PIA ashtray while going through some things yesterday. From the 1960's I think.

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nice ashtray there brother Chaklala..

At one time many years ago i remember we use to have 2 or 3 of these but
then i guess they were either given away or sold before we came to Candyland as i haven't seen ours for well over a decade now..
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

ConnieMan wrote:Nice ashtray there brother Chaklala..

At one time many years ago i remember we use to have 2 or 3 of these but
then i guess they were either given away or sold before we came to Candyland as i haven't seen ours for well over a decade now..
I recall being presented with these in the First Class cabins during the seventies and early eighties. They used to come in cardboard presentation boxes - usually either an onyx ashtray with a onyx jewelry box or sometimes a couple of large onyx goblets. One year it was small onyx elephants. Anyway, they always had the PIA logo plastered somewhere on their surface. I think I still have a box full of PIA crap in the attic at my parents house in London. Will have to dig it up one of these days and take some pics for the forum.