Super Constellation flying model kits coming soon!!!

Share info & photos related to PIA and Pakistan aviation collectible items like stickers, airline safety cards, postcards, in-flight music, art work, modified photos and other miscellaneous Pakistan aviation related hobbies.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

hmm... i would start with a glow as well, but first i wanna get comfortable with RC flying, cuz i know i would crash during my first flight and the glow would be destroyed!!.. im gonna start with EP, then move upto Glow when i feel comfortable and finally get into the real thing!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

You will be wasting your money on foamies, go with the glow as everybody else does in the beginning, this way even if you crash and you will then it's rebuild able unlike foamies, once crashed they are done for good!...

Why don't you get G2 flight sim from Kijiji.ca for like $20 to $50 bucks first, it come with controller aka TX and add on cds for more planes, this way you will install it in your pc and will learn and crash without wasting your dad's hard earned or your money on crashes!. There are couple on there right now for sale. Plus you will get the feel of what to do and how to fly properly. It's not so easy as you may think, do you know how to fly a plane when it's coming towards you and your controls are opposite then flying away from you!. What is throttle management and when it's required?.

Trust me i have it also and on down time i improve my skills on it and it's very helpful set up.

Otherthing is whenever you buy your first model, don't go for any scale airplane, you will trash it with in few seconds of flight!!, go with Hobbico Nexstar combo package for like $500, this comes with airplane, engine, radio set up and flight sim G2 or G3.5 in one box, you can't go wrong with it. Plus its better for you to join a RC flying club in your area, they have instructors there at different nights/evening of the week to instruct newbies like yourself.

With electrics, you need very expansive lipo chargers and expansive lipo batteries over and above the planes ,ESCs you will buy and the motors, plus its very different then glow models as there is HUGE learning curve to it and if not done right on first time lipos can explode also!!!

Mohsin continue your RC discussion on following thread please:
viewtopic.php?t=13263
I would really appreciate it..
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

ty for the tip.. i'll look into the flight sim, looks like a good tip!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Few changes have been made from original offering to this one, change are: Both inner and outer fins will also be moulded now, so this means you will get more fiberglass parts now in this short kit.

1pc Fuselage
4pcs Engine cowls
4pcs of outer fins
1pc Inner fin
All of which will be fiberglass parts.

There will be no foam parts for the wing cores anymore as i can't find source of 4" thick foam sheets anymore, therefore i will provide light card board airfoil templates of main wing and stabilizer for builders to cut there own wing cores.

Instructions will also be provided or they can use other methods also.

I have decided to sell these for $500US plus shipping and packaging for each kit.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

I have restarted to work on this project as of yesterday, since yesterday i have 2 more guys seriously interested in buying my short kits. I only have 2 more spots left open at this price. I will be starting to make molds very soon following by making parts to form kits. If there will be more interest then 10 globally then i will still make them but price will be higher then introductory price.

It would be really great if someone from this site as an rc modeler would buy these, you can do any livery you want on these, if you just want to do PIA's S Connies then you don't have to buy wing tip tanks, it's you choice.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Guys i am happy so say that i have one of HOP's member who have reserved one short kit. Presently i have only 1 spot left open!. If anyone is still thinking, want to talk in detail, reserve a kit, please get in touch with me ASAP. I'm not sure if i will make more then 10 kits or not but if i did decided to make more, the price will increase quite a bit!. Now is the time to take the advantage of this great offer at this exclusive cheap price of only $500US plus shipping and handling. I will ship these globally as i have one fellow from Australia who ordered it earlier..
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Latest update:

I have found all 10 guys who have reserved these exclusive kits. I am proud to say i have guys reserving from Canada, Pakistan, Australia and US.

If anyone wants to see next phase of this build that will cover making fiberglass molds please let me know as i can start another thread on it.
ConnieMan wrote:Guys i am happy so say that i have one of HOP's member who have reserved one short kit. Presently i have only 1 spot left open!. If anyone is still thinking, want to talk in detail, reserve a kit, please get in touch with me ASAP. I'm not sure if i will make more then 10 kits or not but if i did decided to make more, the price will increase quite a bit!. Now is the time to take the advantage of this great offer at this exclusive cheap price of only $500US plus shipping and handling. I will ship these globally as i have one fellow from Australia who ordered it earlier..