Airplane seats as Birthday Present....

Share info & photos related to world aviation collectible items like stickers, airline safety cards, postcards, in-flight music, art work, modified photos and other miscellaneous aviation related hobbies.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Airplane seats as Birthday Present....

Post by ConnieMan »

My younger brother Yasir is also in Aviation and once in while like to buy himself models or memorabilia. I have been looking to get a classic set of aircraft seats for a while for him, he wanted one set after i got mine few years ago of Canadian Airlines B767-300ERs through a friend. Finally yesterday i found one set at Canadian Air & Space Museum here in Toronto. These seats are missing seat cushions and one of the middle arm rests that is why i had to put sheet padding on it but other then that it's in great condition for it's age. This one came out from Canadian Air Force's B707-300s that were used as VIP and military transports many to some years ago.

Check it out. If anyone know where i can find seat cushions for this set, i would like to get them.

RCAF's B707-300 is with Husky tail in between Saudi and Pan Am birds..

Economy Seat

MSN Plate

RCAF's seat tag
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

I want a seat aswell,

how much do they go for Connieman?
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Thats interesting, where can you find them?
captain_salman
Registered Member

Post by captain_salman »

wow where'd you got those seats from connie buddy? :o nice man! tell me......and some also fantastic collection of models! :D
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

mohammed younis wrote:I want a seat aswell,

how much do they go for Connieman?
You can find them on Ebay from time to time, presently there is a set on there for like $200+, do a search on "Airplane Seats" and it will show up, i think those are older first class types as they are set of 2 not 3 seats in bench.

I look around everywhere, just keep your eyes and ears out for these, they do show up in buy n sell classified sections also.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

PK777 wrote:Thats interesting, where can you find them?
Ebay, word of mouth, my friends know im into collecting real aircraft stuff too, so if anyone hears of anything, they tell me..
Last edited by ConnieMan on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

captain_salman wrote:wow where'd you got those seats from connie buddy? :o nice man! tell me......and some also fantastic collection of models! :D
Hey how are you Salman :) ,

I got these from my museum here in TO, i knew they had them a while back and were sold out. This just happened to be one of the spare ones they kept but then they knew i wanted one for a while, i bought it from them soon as they offered it to me last Saturday as it was taking space.

Thanks for the compliments Salman, that picture is about 2 yrs old, i don't have few of the models anymore from that picture at this time...
captain_salman
Registered Member

Post by captain_salman »

Nice buddy, you have a fantastic real aeroplane souvenir in your home! :) I just had an idea about having a flight-deck model in your home for Flight Simulator.... i remember I saw a guy on the internet few years back, he had made a whole real life B737 cockpit in his room, with 5 monitors attached to the panel in exactly the place where windshield is there and he had a real cockpit seats aswell...that is very hard to find...perhaps he might have had contacts with some airline scraping theri old B737 i guess.... :roll: So he demonstrated using FS9 flew a B737 and what real exerience it had.... :shock: i wish i can have a B777 cockpit in my room syncronized with FSX! splended wouldn't it be? :lol:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Salman,

I know a guy in Brampton, ON here did same with A320 simulator how you said another guy did with B737, but only problem is, if he wants to sell the house simulator has to be sold with it coz it's build in the basement with some parts of A230, sheet metal and wood as one piece unit and can't be brought out of the basement.

B777 in house simulator would be great project but to find actual aircraft parts would be difficult part and if you do find them, they will very very expansive as it's new airplane in the market.

Hey we live once, who knows how life up there will be so better live your deamz if you can.
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

ok thanks Connieman
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With