PAF's JF-17 Fighter Jet Upgraded Design

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
basit_s
Registered Member

PAF's JF-17 Fighter Jet Upgraded Design

Post by basit_s »

Joint Fighter 17 (JF-17)
PAF

The plane is still under going design upgrades, and the production facility is being built at Kamra. So once the design is frozen, by year end hopefully, the planes would go under prodcution, and the PAF would induct its first batch by mid-2006.

az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

It has resemblence with F-16 from its back side.
Adnan
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

AP-BGL wrote:It has resemblence with F-16 from its back side.
The JF-17 has evolved a lot since the Prototype 01. Just when you thought the shape was mature new changes have come on. this is a very very good design team in the back rooms.
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

yea i does look like an F-16 from the back side due to the engine, from the front the air intakes respemble F-18 ones
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

iqbal wrote:yea i does look like an F-16 from the back side due to the engine, from the front the air intakes respemble F-18 ones
JF-17 is going to use DSI air intake technology. Second plane after the F-16 to use this tech. ;)
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

basit_s wrote:
iqbal wrote:yea i does look like an F-16 from the back side due to the engine, from the front the air intakes respemble F-18 ones
JF-17 is going to use DSI air intake technology. Second plane after the F-16 to use this tech. ;)
Second plane after F-35 JSF.....
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Have they figured out where the engine is going come from. Russia won't supply the engine because of India's objection.

I know the second engine supplier option is France for Snecma M-53,

and GE for F-404.

Chinese Engine is still under development and not ready and behind schedule.
Adnan Anwar
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Adnan Anwar wrote:Have they figured out where the engine is going come from. Russia won't supply the engine because of India's objection.

I know the second engine supplier option is France for Snecma M-53,

and GE for F-404.

Chinese Engine is still under development and not ready and behind schedule.
The engine is coming from Russia. This has been confirmed by people working on the JF-17 Project. It doesn't matter whether India objects or not, but the engine is coming. ;)!

If they were not sure about the engines, I don't think further design upgrades, and actual work on the production facility at Kamra would've begun.

Russia is saying that it won't give engines just to shut Undia up. Thats all, but we all know the engines are coming from Russia. China is making its own, the WS-10, the Russians would put a WS-10 label on the RD-93 and export them to China, and from there it'll come to Pakistan. :)
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Maybe they should consider looking at the F-14, its one of the most superior fighter aircraft in the world, even until today after years of service, it is still an excellent machine. But then again I don't think any are up for sale, would be nice if they were, really an excellent aircraft. They are replacing it with the F-22 raptor, maybe by them PK can get the F-14.
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Falcon598 wrote:Maybe they should consider looking at the F-14, its one of the most superior fighter aircraft in the world, even until today after years of service, it is still an excellent machine. But then again I don't think any are up for sale, would be nice if they were, really an excellent aircraft. They are replacing it with the F-22 raptor, maybe by them PK can get the F-14.
Why get F-14 ? Its an obsolete plane for PAF. Why get old technology ? U.S has offered to sell us F-16's, and there Block-52's, which alone can kill many F-16's. So no point in getting F-14's, they are sh|t.

The JF-17 has many features of the F-16 plane. The Pakistanis and Chinesse must've studied PAF's F-16's very carefully.

We need to be self sufficient, we should NOT go for American planes in the future, as we know what America does (Sanction us, and our fleet gets grounded). We should make our planes, and JF-17 is an excellent initiative ! :)
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

basit_s wrote:We need to be self sufficient, we should NOT go for American planes in the future, as we know what America does (Sanction us, and our fleet gets grounded). We should make our planes, and JF-17 is an excellent initiative ! :)
Agreed, Pak has to become self suffiencet with military aircraft, if U.S. or other nations sanction it, it can't do anything so this project is a good idea.
allmyfamilyinpia
Registered Member

Post by allmyfamilyinpia »

Seems like a cross between a f5e tiger and f16 falcon. but good effort by our country. we do need our own produced aircraft.