PKR 50,000 Federal Excise Duty on Club/Business/First Class Air Ticket Proposed in Budget 2022-23

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PKR 50,000 Federal Excise Duty on Club/Business/First Class Air Ticket Proposed in Budget 2022-23

Post by Abbas Ali »

Federal Excise Duty (FED) on Club, Business and First-Class air travel increase from PKR 10,000 to PKR 50,000 has been proposed in Pakistan 2022-23 budget.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
dragonfly
Registered Member

Re: PKR 50,000 Federal Excise Duty on Club/Business/First Class Air Ticket Proposed in Budget 2022-23

Post by dragonfly »

Best way to prevent foreign carriers from entering Pakistan,and ensuring the limited carriers that are currently operating from curtailing operations.
A country with so much tourists potential yet again gets gang rapped repeatedly every 4/5 years by a selected few families who think it’s in their DNA to Govern And abuse Pakistan ,it’s sickening to see but than it is Pakistan.
I apologise to all In this forum in advance at my outburst
but these idiots that you keep electing need to incarcerated and never be permitted from public office, having recently assisted a EU carrier with a feasibility study to commence operations from Europe to Pakistan I can not see this happening as a result of the increase in taxes for premium traffic to and from Pakistan.
Admin if you feel this statement is disrespectful or abusive please feel free to delete,I’m going to refrain from commenting or following aviation activities in Pakistan as I feel nothing will ever change.Either BA or VS will announce their exit from Pakistan before the end of 2022 watch is space.
I thank all on this forum for reading my previous posts over the years that I have posted and wish them and most importantly PAKISTAN the best for the future if there is one for Pakistan aviation.
Tuti Fruiti
Registered Member

Re: PKR 50,000 Federal Excise Duty on Club/Business/First Class Air Ticket Proposed in Budget 2022-23

Post by Tuti Fruiti »

dragonfly wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:05 pm Best way to prevent foreign carriers from entering Pakistan,and ensuring the limited carriers that are currently operating from curtailing operations.
A country with so much tourists potential yet again gets gang rapped repeatedly every 4/5 years by a selected few families who think it’s in their DNA to Govern And abuse Pakistan ,it’s sickening to see but than it is Pakistan.
I apologise to all In this forum in advance at my outburst
but these idiots that you keep electing need to incarcerated and never be permitted from public office, having recently assisted a EU carrier with a feasibility study to commence operations from Europe to Pakistan I can not see this happening as a result of the increase in taxes for premium traffic to and from Pakistan.
Admin if you feel this statement is disrespectful or abusive please feel free to delete,I’m going to refrain from commenting or following aviation activities in Pakistan as I feel nothing will ever change.Either BA or VS will announce their exit from Pakistan before the end of 2022 watch is space.
I thank all on this forum for reading my previous posts over the years that I have posted and wish them and most importantly PAKISTAN the best for the future if there is one for Pakistan aviation.
you are absolutely correct...their next stop would be targetting economy class and already flying within and outside pakistan is super expensive due to unfair high end taxes ..this gonna get more expensive..soon it would be that one would be flying to north America at an average price of 3 lakh and Europe to 2 lakh .. they will rip people apart financially in the name of National Economic Security and other slogans
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Absolutely disgusting, just another rip off scam.

Makes me sick. The CAA continues to make profit year after year but they cant handle the constant bird hits at lahore and other airports. Why are they not investing in our airports and aviation sector, all this money is being put in pockets. Greedy folk.
Tuti Fruiti
Registered Member

Post by Tuti Fruiti »

baberblues wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:38 pm Absolutely disgusting, just another rip off scam.

Makes me sick. The CAA continues to make profit year after year but they cant handle the constant bird hits at lahore and other airports. Why are they not investing in our airports and aviation sector, all this money is being put in pockets. Greedy folk.
AIrlines are suppose to make profit..thats ok..but here in Pakistan , the regulatory authorities are making profit.. thats sad indeed and a totally wrong thing..the job of CAA is to facilitate airlines and passengers, run airports, make regulations.. their charges shud be just enough to make up for their expenses, thats all..but no profit..
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has increased Federal Excise Duty (FED)/RG Tax amount on Business Class passengers from PKR 10,000 to PKR 50,000 and it will be applicable for travel from July 1, 2022, regardless of ticket issuance date.

Abbas

See you at:
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Insane, thats a steep increase
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Geo News

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has directed authorities to immediately suspend collection of Federal Excise Duty (FED)/RG Tax amount of PKR 50,000 from Business Class passengers.

Collection of Federal Excise Duty (FED)/RG Tax amount on Business Class passengers was increased from PKR 10,000 to PKR 50,000 for travel from July 1, 2022, regardless of ticket issuance date.

Amount will be refunded to passengers who already have paid PKR 50,000 FED.

So far, Federal Cabinet has not given approval to collection of PKR 50,000 FED from Business Class passengers.

Investigation started to find out who ordered illegal collection of PKR 50,000 FED from Business Class passengers without Federal Cabinet approval.

Abbas

See you at:
TheAnalyst
Registered Member

Post by TheAnalyst »

Seems like a political move. Then we question why airlines are pulling out.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Clarification issued to all airlines by Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on July 2, 2022.

* Federal Excise Duty (FED) is chargeable and collectible on Club, Business and First Class international air tickets.

* Federal Excise Duty (FED) shall be charged at the time of issuing of the international air ticket.

* The enhanced rate of Federal Excise Duty (FED) PKR 50,000 (which was previously PKR 10,000) is not applicable on Club, Business and First Class international air tickets that have already been issued before July 1, 2022.

Abbas

See you at:
dragonfly
Registered Member

Post by dragonfly »

Confused?.... so applicable for tickets issued as of 2/7/22..sounds like it.
MikeTangoKiloAlpha
Registered Member

Post by MikeTangoKiloAlpha »

Duty will be charged on all tickets sold on 1st July and onwards.
Make the 100% correct decision 100% of the time.
arshad.altaf
Registered Member

Post by arshad.altaf »

وزیر اعظم کا ہوائی اڈوں پر مسافروں سے فیڈرل ایکسائز ڈیوٹی کی وصولی کیشکایات پر سخت برہمی کا اظہار

اسلام آباد(اے پی پی)وزیر اعظم شہباز شریف نے ہوائی اڈوں پر مسافروں سے فیڈرل ایکسائز ڈیوٹی کی وصولی کی شکایات پر سخت برہمی کا اظہار کیا ہے،وزیراعظم شہباز شریف نے ہوائی اڈوں پر مسافروں سے 50 ہزار روپے فیڈرل ایکسائز ڈیوٹی کی وصولی کا سخت نوٹس لیتے ہوئے غیر قانونی فیڈرل ایکسائز ڈیوٹی کا حکمنامہ فوری معطل کرنے کا حکم دیا ہے اور ہدایت کی ہے کہ مسافروں کو تنگ کرنے کا سلسلہ فوری بند کیا جائے، جن لوگوں کی وجہ سے مسافروں کو اذیت کا سامنا کرنا پڑا انہیں عہدوں پر رہنے کا کوئی حق نہیں

https://e.jang.com.pk/detail/172171
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PKR 50,000 Federal Excise Duty (FED)/RG Tax amount is applicable to all First Class and Business Class tickets issued from July 1, 2022.

Abbas

See you at: