US and UK operations: SAI completes feasibility

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

US and UK operations: SAI completes feasibility

Post by PK777 »

KARACHI (September 17 2005): Shaheen Air International (SAI) has finalised market research and feasibility studies for route expansion and intend to operate to United States and United Kingdom by this winter, a spokesman of the SAI announced here on Friday.

The private carrier is considering various long haul aircraft in line with airline's operational and commercial requirements for each route. The major part of the aircraft deal is expected to be finalised within two months.

The SAI has also started offering special fare of Rs 999 (excluding taxes) on its Karachi-Lahore and Lahore-Karachi sector with effect from September 9. This special Ramazan offer, to facilitate passengers by giving them better choice of travelling at most competitive and affordable prices, is valid till October 20, the announcement said.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2005
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

well with that other post ..... i dont think it will be possible for them any time soon
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

AirBlue wrote:well with that other post ..... i dont think it will be possible for them any time soon
I agree, I don't understand how you could take 13 big losses and still be in business, it confusing :?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

esp. aero asia should atleast get rid of some aircrafts.....maintainance of them all is wastage of money
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Very true, they just are loosing so much money, they really need to find a way to get loans and cut costs everywhere.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

If Shaheen Air is planning to start there flights to those destinations and now this market research and so many other things, I am sure they will also be planning to get some of wide body aircrafts (atleast some modern one a/c) but it is still to be announced!
Adnan
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

I think one of the major issues is staffing. I once travelled on AeroAsia( my only time). Out of the four flight attendents only one looked competent enough. The rest I thought would be the first one's out of the plane in an emergency.
Good people require good salaries and good training. I doubt Aero Asia nor SAI have the kind of infrastructure to handle that.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

What I dont understand is how can the CAA of Pakistan grant rights to Shaheen and Aero-Asia given that it can not and does not have the means to fly internationally ?? :roll:

Why would the CAA grant Shaheen and Aero-Asia flights to UK and USA if they have no aircrafts to fly there ?! Either they (the two) must have a future plan what they need to do and discussed it with the CAA so they can be granted these rights ?!
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Shaheen Air and Aero Asia will soon be BANNED from DXB because it is banning B 732 aircraft (from Jan 2006) so lets see what back up plan they have.

Both these 2 airlines are a disgrace in terms of their service, aircraft maintainance and incompetent management decisions. Just looking at what is written in a few areas of their respective websites speaks volumes of how dumb they are.

They have gas guzzling aircraft aged between 17-25 years of age in a time where oil is hitting record high prices :!: :roll:
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

behramjee wrote:Shaheen Air and Aero Asia will soon be BANNED from DXB because it is banning B 732 aircraft (from Jan 2006) so lets see what back up plan they have.

Both these 2 airlines are a disgrace in terms of their service, aircraft maintainance and incompetent management decisions. Just looking at what is written in a few areas of their respective websites speaks volumes of how dumb they are.

They have gas guzzling aircraft aged between 17-25 years of age in a time where oil is hitting record high prices :!: :roll:
Exactly, and they claim they have the most modern fleet of aircraft, what a joke.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Absolutely true behramjee !! That's exactly what i mean, how can CAA grant Shaheen / Aero-Asia flights to UK and beyond when it does not have the means nor the finance to perform such operations !!