London LHR to Karachi on Turkish

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

London LHR to Karachi on Turkish

Post by Zulfiqar »

Some photos of my recent trip on Turkish to KHI via IST. I have not travelled on TK for a number of years and looked forward to the experience. Very favourable overall, friendly crew on both legs, food was quite good, reasonable IFE (surprised to see forward and down cams on A333), seats on A320 neo were excellent whereas A333 a bit dated and seat covers covers required shampooing. Istanbul airport seemed nice- did not experience much due to short layover.

Happened to see Sam Chui at Heathrow T2, had a brief hello and a chat!

Photos of my trip.
Malaysian A359- with 2 Turkish aircrafts-in the background one depart and other arriving

A321Neo -

Hygiene set and ear phones provided on boarding

Tarom A319

IFE screen modern and wide.

Ex-KLM 747-400 combi P to F in the distance- left for USA on 3-4-22

LHR T5 - we had an unusual taxi for 09R from Terminal 2-crossing the active runway and taxiing to it from south side - to get ahead of other departures.

Quite tasty lunch- very fresh tasting salad, warm bread roll, grilled chicken and vegetables, potato mash and coffee mousse.

I was quite surprised to see how big Istanbul Airport was (compared to the old one). The runway distance from terminal reminded me of Amsterdam's Polderbaan runway. while enroute:
Antonov An 124-100

MEA A332

TK A333 to KHI (operates as PIA codeshare)
The departure was delayed 30 minutes due to traffic (everyone else was landing and taking off)- we stood still just off the active runway waitign for takeoff.

Uzbek 788 and Iran Air A300

IFE on A333

Dinner service- Hummus, bread, rice and curried chicken/ veg, chocolate mousse.

Night set- socks and eye masks

Tehran night view-hopefully can visit one day soon.

Qatar A359 at KHI

Turkish A333- Samsun TC-JNM 11 years old

Enjoy!