To Karachi and Bombay on PIA

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
queerpakistani
Registered Member

To Karachi and Bombay on PIA

Post by queerpakistani »

hi guys, i have nver done a flight report as such, but what are the things that should not be ignored?

LHR-KHI 23 sep
KHI-BOM 27 sep
BOM-KHI 29 sep
KHI-LHR 02 oct

its reather typical to compare the attitude of pak and non-pak staff when its comes to travelling with PIA, however i had to mention the following remark o

The italian lady at the pia reservations office in london (dover Street) was very helpful and comprehensive. she has been there for a whil;e and i have seen her very patient and consistent in her service and dealings.on the other hand a pakistani-origin-british-girl (with over the top attitude and multi layers of make up) serving another elderly humble pakitstani (must 80+) behaved so rudely. she kept cutting him off and instead of listening to his request , she just kept staring at the screen. i was in the poffice for a brief period, about 10 mins maximum, but i felt like telling her off. at least she could have listened to him.

i am sorry it may sound a bit cliche, but this is very typical of PIA. why do they hire people like her? i know there are lot of pakistani clients who may not be the most easiest and pleasurabale to handle, still you can see a difference of attitude when it comes to pak and non-pak!!! its sad. well this does not only apply to pia. few years ago i travelled (lhr-ist-khi) on Turkish airlines with my (belgian/swiss) boyfriend and i could see the difference the turkish flight attendents had to both of us. and esp. on the ist-khi sector to other pakistanis (mostly labour-immigrants from germany and northern europe).

anyway i am looking forward to the trip.

regards

Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Adnan, I'll be interested in reading your trip reports especially KHI-BOM & BOM-KHI. Hope you have nice and pleasant flight with PIA.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

I take it that the Turkish F/A was rude to you and polite to your B/F?! Strange, considering the Turks don't have the "colonized" history like us desis do...
bagold
Registered Member

Post by bagold »

The Turks do suffer from a sort of contemporary colonialisation. Their constant desire to seek European Union membership in the face of some hostile and sometimes downright rude comments from EU and member nation heads of state.

As a Pakistani once told a Turkish minister "You have to decide whether you wish to be the head of Asia, or the tail of Europe".
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

Hey
well considering the LHR-KHI sector its gonna be nasty cuz ul be on BAK OR ALPHA TANGO both are rust buckets and clunky but i guess u can always appreciate cabin appearence and staff attitude staff appearence , services, food, IFE ( as if itll be functioning on the 74ms ..lol) Catering and amenities e.t.c it would be a better journey if u are flying busines splus . the KHI-BOM sector might be on 743 but then again a 1hr20 min flight time means minilmalistic services same as above mentioned items can be observed . I hope u enjoy your flight and if possible please take a few pictures.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

pk757 wrote:Hey
well considering the LHR-KHI sector its gonna be nasty cuz ul be on BAK OR ALPHA TANGO both are rust buckets and clunky but i guess u can always appreciate cabin appearence and staff attitude staff appearence , services, food, IFE ( as if itll be functioning on the 74ms ..lol) Catering and amenities e.t.c it would be a better journey if u are flying busines splus . the KHI-BOM sector might be on 743 but then again a 1hr20 min flight time means minilmalistic services same as above mentioned items can be observed . I hope u enjoy your flight and if possible please take a few pictures. BY the way PIA crw is known to be rude towards pl with alternative lifestyles so be watchful and careful about bringing your Boyfriend along with u!
What are u going on about???????? AP-BAT is undergoing D-checks, and PIA are using 743s on fridays and wed on PK787/788 anyways!! Y class in PIAs 743s are pretty good.

It would be good to travel business class, but you should not forget that everyone does not get "free tickets" in business class like you.

BTW how come you have gone all anti-PIA???!!
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

Thanx for correctin me! didnt know klunkers had been replaced on the FRI freq on khi-lhr ne ways no I Have not gone anti PIA , just makin him ready for what he Will get to c if incase 74m is repositioned on pk 787 Gotta tell you that i havwe always been very critical of PIA food i still say it is the bland un innovative and in measly proportions and by the way my free ticket days arel imited now im reachin 21 and they stop staff son's passage at 22 so only a year lft and I aint plannin on goin ne where so i guess last of my free passage days lol
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

QP HAS WRITTEN
"(with over the top attitude and multi layers of make up)"
hehe well ull get to c this upon boardin the plane when u are greeted by one of our very own hostesses G'LUCK
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

pk757 wrote:Thanx for correctin me! didnt know klunkers had been replaced on the FRI freq on khi-lhr ne ways no I Have not gone anti PIA , just makin him ready for what he Will get to c if incase 74m is repositioned on pk 787 Gotta tell you that i havwe always been very critical of PIA food i still say it is the bland un innovative and in measly proportions and by the way my free ticket days arel imited now im reachin 21 and they stop staff son's passage at 22 so only a year lft and I aint plannin on goin ne where so i guess last of my free passage days lol
Hey pk757, PIA food is the best. Where food is concerned, i think it has the best out of any airline i have been on, and the business class food is totally amazing especially on the LHR-KHI sector.

BTW i thought you could still get free tickets up to the age of 25? or have they recently changed the rules?
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

My last free flight was at the age of 27...
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Nasir wrote:My last free flight was at the age of 27...
yeah, you know what i mean??
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

yep theyve changed the policies i dunno if the revised policies apply to my father's seniors but im sure 22 is the stopping limit in my case.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

21-25 is the limit for all airlines, how did you get the additional three years Nasir?
PKalltheway
Registered Member

Dependant policy

Post by PKalltheway »

Coyoboy:

PIA policy for male dependents was that free passage was given till the age of 27 till 2002.
it was reduced to 24 that year and i dont know if that has been further slashed to 21.

My last free flight was Khi-Paris-Khi on A310 (Business Plus)
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

lucky! you all got to fly free :D