777s back at LHR & 743s on KHI-LHR flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

777s back at LHR & 743s on KHI-LHR flights

Post by smarties »

The 777s are back at heathrow on the islamabad and Lahore flights. 3 of the 4 islamabad flights are on the 777, and 1 of three on the Lahore flight. It makes a nice change from the regular 747s.

The karachi flight on friday has been upgraded to the 743. Todays 787/788 is also being operated on the 743. I think the 74Ms are now being used more on the far east routes and indian routes.

BTW have PIA got a new slogan "come fly with us". They keep changing it every month or so?!
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

So PK are flying 4 weekly ISB-LHR and 3 weekly LHE/KHI-LHR

With BA flying 3 weekly ISB-LHR soon ED will fly the same route 4 weekly the competition is hotting up for ISB-LHR
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Come Fly With Us was introduced by Kirmani and its not going to be changed to something else next month.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: 777s back at LHR & 743s on KHI-LHR flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

smarties wrote:I think the 74Ms are now being used more on the far east routes and indian routes.
Yes, that's right, at myaviation.net there are recent photos of PIA 74M seen at Mumbai Airport.

Interestingly, a 747-367 was used for a flight to Singapore recently (Sept 10, 2005), usually A310s are used for this destination.

Photo of AP-BFU at Singapore:

Link to Large photo: http://myaviation.net/?pid=00445239

Photo copyright MyAviation.net
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Yes, the new CEO Kirmani introduced the new slogan when he took over control of the airline. The previous slogan during Ahmed Saeed control was "Together we rise"

How come the B777 have returned to LHR for flights to LHE/ISB ?? Will the B743 will be used elsewhere like AP-BFU to Singapore ?? what about US flights will the 3 B777 do those in addition to these flights ??
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

Has anyone seen the photo of PIA 747-300 at Singapore recently which can be found on airliners.net!
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Flights to Houston and Chicago are down to once a week.
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

hello guys

just like to explain 777 operation to London, right now PIA donot have load to north american destinations that why 777 are coming to London

so right now pia operating 3 flight to isb by 777 i.e PK785/786 on sun, mon, wed

one flight to lahore on thr PK757/758

about wed and fri karachi from 21-sep unitll 19-oct all wed and fri flight will be operate by 743 bcz of AP-BAT under d-check and it willtake some time. second 777 will fly inand out from london untill 30-oct . right now pia need more aircarfts for their ummrah operation that why 777 operating to london

best regards
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Thanks for the info M. Ali. Will you be able to take some pics of PIA 777 in LHR ??
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

hi will try to take few more photos soon
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Lets hope BAT comes out with a new tail or a complete new livery.
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

Like a BAT outta H....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
PKalltheway
Registered Member

74M's

Post by PKalltheway »

Whats everyone's problem with AP-BAK and AP-BAT.
They are excellent aircraft and have been reliable. You must appreciate the cabin appearance even after the way it is used by the travelling public.

Hats off to our dedicated Engineers for keeping these Queen of the Skies still soaring and serving the national carrier.

3 Cheers for BAK & BAT.
smarties
Deactivated

Re: 74M's

Post by smarties »

PKalltheway wrote:Whats everyone's problem with AP-BAK and AP-BAT.
They are excellent aircraft and have been reliable. You must appreciate the cabin appearance even after the way it is used by the travelling public.

Hats off to our dedicated Engineers for keeping these Queen of the Skies still soaring and serving the national carrier.

3 Cheers for BAK & BAT.
Have you ever been in these 2 aircrafts?? I don't think so as if you've seen the state there in you would not make these comments. Let me tell you the last time i went in BAK there was no inflight entertainement, as the system was broken, i travelled on the same aircraft 7 weeks later and still it was broken. They were also showing A310 safety feature on a 747 thats how messed up it is. Some of the seats did not have seat belt??!! If someone complained they would probably be banned from flying. The ceiling of the aircraft in almost falling apart, and is really dirty, the overhead cabins broken, and a few years ago on BAK the exit door had a massive crack on it, and almost every time i have travelled on these planes i has been delayed due to tech faults ....i can go on all day with a list of faults for the 74Ms. BAT is not far behind either.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

smarties, similar were the thoughts and comments of my Dad when he travelled that a/c from Islamabad to Karachi a month ago, though it was a domestic flight but still problems were there...
Adnan