EASA Suspends PIA Europe Flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
JayeHussain
Registered Member

Re: EASA Suspends PIA Europe Flights

Post by JayeHussain »

baberblues wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:14 pm
JayeHussain wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 am
Abbas Ali wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:24 am ^ Probably seat bookings offered by PIA for chartered aircraft flights between Pakistan and UK arranged by the airline.

Abbas
No, it is their regular scheduled 777-200 services from Islamabad to Manchester & vv, starting 1st November & it is showing daily departure from Islamabad (7 days a week) departing ISB at 14:45 & on the return leaving MAN at 21:00. I was about to book it. Thankfully not for now.
I wouldnt ever book PIA, surprised you even got to their website lol
I have had issues with PIA in the past however, nothing beats a direct flight! Even if you look on SkyScanner the Direct PIA flights from ISB-MAN-ISB start daily from 1st November 2021. This is why it is unfair that these flights are loaded & PIA is taking revenue, when they have no intention on flying on those dates.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Resumption of PIA flights to/from Europe depends on the audit of Pakistan CAA.

Meetings between European Union and Pakistan CAA teams/representatives expected on October 15 and November 9. The issue will remain unresolved till Pakistan CAA improves/implements its standards.

Urdu daily "Express" October 8, 2021, edition.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has now announced that Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) audit would be conducted from November 29 to December 10 and resumption of flights to the European Union will take place after the validation audit.

https://epaper.dawn.com/DetailImage.php ... 21_004_004
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Fingers crossed. I doubt other airlines are much concerned since they dont operate to Europe but this could be critical point for PIA survival. If this audit fails, the airline will cease to exist in the form we know it (for better though).
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci