Pakistan Navy Inducts Embraer Lineage 1000 Long Range Maritime Patrol (LRMP) Twinjet Aircraft

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Salman Haider
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan Navy Planning to Acquire Twinjet Aircraft

Post by Salman Haider »

PAF Falcons - Second to None
www.paffalcons.com
Inam855
Registered Member

Post by Inam855 »

What an embarassment. First the ATRs in the hope they could skip to captains directly in PIA. Now this. Does someone know what this corporate transport has on board in terms of ASW/ESR or any workable equipment that a navy could conceivably need?
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

Inam855 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:45 pm What an embarassment. First the ATRs in the hope they could skip to captains directly in PIA. Now this. Does someone know what this corporate transport has on board in terms of ASW/ESR or any workable equipment that a navy could conceivably need?
Even people inside PIA know that PIA isn't worth skipping "to captains directly" or even getting a job at all.

An airline whose flight crew can intentionally crash a fully serviceable, modern airliner in perfect weather conditions should at best be ashamed.

Every pilot in PIA who could leave has left and those that are left are trying hard to - although incompetence or luck are preventing them from jumping to foreign carriers.
Last edited by SM on Sat May 29, 2021 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

SM wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:09 pm
Inam855 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:45 pm What an embarassment. First the ATRs in the hope they could skip to captains directly in PIA. Now this. Does someone know what this corporate transport has on board in terms of ASW/ESR or any workable equipment that a navy could conceivably need?
Even people inside PIA know that PIA isn't worth skipping "to captains directly" or even getting a job at all.

An airline whose flight crew can intentionally crash a fully serviceable, modern airliner in perfect weather conditions should at best be ashamed.

Every pilot in PIA who could leave has left and those that are left are trying hard to - although incompetence and luck are preventing them from jumping to foreign carriers.
I normally stay away from contentious posts and heated arguments but couldn’t resist saying here that this message is extremely biased, unnecessarily harsh and should be potentially highly provocative to many of the forum members who happen to be the pilots in PIA.

I will urge Abbas to step in here
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

I initially used to ignore forum member SM but he happens to have a habit of bringing in PIA pilots and PIA in everything no matter how irrelevant it is. I couldn’t ignore him anymore after 8303 crash and tried to instil some sense in him but I failed everytime. He once threatened to give me ‘surprise’ because of some harsh words I used against him. Turned out he didn’t like a taste of his own medicine. So just ignore him. He just wants attention. Also do you notice how he acts as savior of armed forces? How do you tell him a dozen armed forces pilots failed PIA ATR training when they were hired for direct entry Captain position. They literally begged PIA management and tried to use armed forces contacts to pass through simulator checks. And of the 3/4 that made it to PIA, only 1 passed northern clearance and the rest failed. So yes they would swallow their ego to get into PIA unlike this guy. Not like they had other options.

P.S SM you once suggested that you’re leaving this forum because of how toxic it has become. Please do the honours, I’ve been waiting!
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

A310 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm I initially used to ignore forum member SM but he happens to have a habit of bringing in PIA pilots and PIA in everything no matter how irrelevant it is. I couldn’t ignore him anymore after 8303 crash and tried to instil some sense in him but I failed everytime. He once threatened to give me ‘surprise’ because of some harsh words I used against him. Turned out he didn’t like a taste of his own medicine. So just ignore him. He just wants attention. Also do you notice how he acts as savior of armed forces? How do you tell him a dozen armed forces pilots failed PIA ATR training when they were hired for direct entry Captain position. They literally begged PIA management and tried to use armed forces contacts to pass through simulator checks. And of the 3/4 that made it to PIA, only 1 passed northern clearance and the rest failed. So yes they would swallow their ego to get into PIA unlike this guy. Not like they had other options.

P.S SM you once suggested that you’re leaving this forum because of how toxic it has become. Please do the honours, I’ve been waiting!
Please don't take it personally.

Given the fast decline in PIA's standards over the past two decades, passing the northern clearance no longer represents a significant achievement. I say that because when the two sisters - one of whom recently destroyed a perfectly airworthy ATR at Gilgit - can do it, anyone can. As such, the 3/4 that couldn't make the northern clearance should contact Maryum and Erum Masood for tips and tricks. For those unfamiliar with these now infamous names, please see: https://www.mangobaaz.com/these-two-pia ... sappointed.
SM
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

pk363 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:46 pm
SM wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Every pilot in PIA who could leave has left and those that are left are trying hard to - although incompetence and luck are preventing them from jumping to foreign carriers.
I normally stay away from contentious posts and heated arguments but couldn’t resist saying here that this message is extremely biased, unnecessarily harsh and should be potentially highly provocative to many of the forum members who happen to be the pilots in PIA.

I will urge Abbas to step in here
Please don't take it personally. Many of my pilot friends have already jumped ship from PIA and others are in the process of doing so. This is no heresy. Thank you.
SM
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

SM wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 am
Please don't take it personally.

Given the fast decline in PIA's standards over the past two decades, passing the northern clearance no longer represents a significant achievement. I say that because when the two sisters - one of whom recently destroyed a perfectly airworthy ATR at Gilgit - can do it, anyone can. As such, the 3/4 that couldn't make the northern clearance should contact Maryum and Erum Masood for tips and tricks. For those unfamiliar with these now infamous names, please see: https://www.mangobaaz.com/these-two-pia ... sappointed.
I see. Lets go by your logic then. Even I agree that passing the northern clearance isn’t a big achievement, rather it’s a bare minimum. And so much so if its that east that even one of those ‘incompetent’ sisters passed it, then were your pilot friends from the forces so inept and unskilled that they couldn’t even pass it?

Your vendetta is making you look like a fool. Last year you quoted me and wrote that you wouldn’t grind your harsh words if they can make a difference. I would suggest you to get of that high horse because here on this forum, your words let alone harsh, don’t make the slightest difference.
Turboprop
Registered Member

Post by Turboprop »

Erj is intended to improve PN capabilities to respond effectively to Indian designs. Not to get a job in Pia by retired pilots as suggested by fellow member 😊
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Turboprop wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 am Erj is intended to improve PN capabilities to respond effectively to Indian designs. Not to get a job in Pia by retired pilots as suggested by fellow member 😊
how would a luxuriously appointed top of the line business jet respond to indian designs?
Turboprop
Registered Member

Post by Turboprop »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 2281417808
Commercial aircraft are modified to operate in surveillance role
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

TAILWIND wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:02 am
Turboprop wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 am Erj is intended to improve PN capabilities to respond effectively to Indian designs. Not to get a job in Pia by retired pilots as suggested by fellow member 😊
how would a luxuriously appointed top of the line business jet respond to indian designs?
Lockheed L188 Electra became the P3 Orion
Boeing 737-800 became the P8 Poseidon
Airbus A320neo became the A320 MPA
Bombardier CL605 became a maritime search and rescue platform.

These are just examples for the maritime role.
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Pakistan-1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 am .......

Lockheed L188 Electra became the P3 Orion
Boeing 737-800 became the P8 Poseidon
Airbus A320neo became the A320 MPA
Bombardier CL605 became a maritime search and rescue platform.

These are just examples for the maritime role.
If planned to be converted to MPA, why didn't they go for a green airframe or find a cheaper used E195. Why Lineage 1000?
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Auxiliary fuel tanks Which give it a longer range/loiter time.
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
uzkt01
Registered Member

Post by uzkt01 »

TAILWIND wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:49 am we are making leaps and bounds in official corporate jet fleet. From small citations and learjets, now the trend is intercontinental range, stand up cabin heavy metal. Are we a super power that our area of influence requires a 6000-7000 nm range VVIP jets.
By the looks and colour scheme, this new toy does not appear to be for ASW role.
What a pity.
Total 11 E190s will be acquired. 1 for VIP and rest for surveillance and ASW roles. Since this is first aircraft acquired of the type, it will be used first for familiarisation, crew training and VIP transport. Similar approach was adopted with Saab 2000 aircraft in the past. Don't understand why so much criticism.
This process of acquisition will takes years. In the past PN bought regular ATR72s and modified them through a German company and it took months for the process to be completed. E190 is good choice by PN since India has P-8 posiedon for ASW which is way more capable platform as compared ro ATRs and P-3C orions which PN is currently using.