LHE vs. ISB

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CPH
Registered Member

LHE vs. ISB

Post by CPH »

Salaam Guys...

I'm going to Pakistan in Nov. I'm going with PIA. Normally we fly to ISB. But this time i've got vacation on tuesday, that means that I can go to LHE on wedensday.

The biggest thing that I hate about going to Pakistan, is the immigration and coustom check at ISB, that sucks!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What about LHE, is it much better, or should I be perpared for same treatment as ISB???

Another thing, i've just got a National Identity Card For Overseas Pakistani, does it mean that I still have to stand in the que for foreign passport holders???

I'm British Citizen by the way.
Regards

G. Elahi
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

What about LHE, is it much better
Definitely! Since the new terminal opened. There are a number of immigration counters. Did not take me long in going thru immigration.
Another thing, i've just got a National Identity Card For Overseas Pakistani, does it mean that I still have to stand in the que for foreign passport holders???
Yes!!
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

Whats the difference between Pakistan Origin Card and National Id Card for Overseas Pakistan. The big difference is the fees NICOP is $15 while POC is $150.

Does anyone know the true difference and advantage of one over the other specially for people who are no Pakistan Citizen?
CPH
Registered Member

Post by CPH »

piafan wrote:Whats the difference between Pakistan Origin Card and National Id Card for Overseas Pakistan. The big difference is the fees NICOP is $15 while POC is $150.

Does anyone know the true difference and advantage of one over the other specially for people who are no Pakistan Citizen?
NICOP (National Identity Card Overseas Pakistani) are ony avaliable for persons that able to get Pakistani citizenship beside their citizenship today. That means people like British Citizen with Pakstani background.

But ex. Danish Citizen with pakistani background can't get an NIOCP , because the aren't allowed to have double citizenship by the danish rules. So therefore they have to pay 150 $ for an POC (Pakistani Origen Card).

But both card does have the same effect, that the card holder can get visa free entry to Pakistan for an x amount of years.
Regards

G. Elahi
CPH
Registered Member

Post by CPH »

nutsforplanes wrote:
What about LHE, is it much better
Definitely! Since the new terminal opened. There are a number of immigration counters. Did not take me long in going thru immigration.
Yes!!
Thanks for the answer "nutsforplanes"
Regards

G. Elahi