How well versed are PIA pilots in English?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
GrandSlam
Registered Member

Post by GrandSlam »

I have the VHF Scanner plus i m myself a Pilot,I usually listen to the Radio Communication btw the Pilots and the controllers,I must say that nearly all of PIA's pilot are fluent in English,Their Accent is better then most of the other airline pilots Like THAI,Air China,Air France,Aeroflot,Swiss etcetc
Bahrain_flyer
Registered Member

Post by Bahrain_flyer »

Gulistan,

Can you plz 4ward me the web address for jamie nasir i wud luv to listen to the pilots R.t

thks bro...
Up in the air is where I fly I like 2 soar way up high ;)
Gulistan
Registered Member

Post by Gulistan »

Bahrain_flyer wrote:Gulistan,

Can you plz 4ward me the web address for jamie nasir i wud luv to listen to the pilots R.t

thks bro...
http://www.pakaviation.com/PVA/

The above is the website. Do a search or drop Jamie an email.
Bahrain_flyer
Registered Member

Post by Bahrain_flyer »

hey,

thks gulistan appreciated.
Up in the air is where I fly I like 2 soar way up high ;)
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Ramiz Abid Mirza wrote:I have the VHF Scanner plus i m myself a Pilot,I usually listen to the Radio Communication btw the Pilots and the controllers,I must say that nearly all of PIA's pilot are fluent in English,Their Accent is better then most of the other airline pilots Like THAI,Air China,Air France,Aeroflot,Swiss etcetc
What and who do you fly for ?
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Hello gentlemen,
Just my 2 bit although english is the preferred and internationally recognized language in terms of aviation, the level of proficiency is defined as "read, speak and write" fluency is not a pre-requisite however an undeniable and distinct advantage though.

Whilst flying in France or Italy even North Africa the pilot controllers often communicate in French or italian which ofcourse is a blatant violation of the civil aviation laid down procedures.

On the flip side whilst flying in many other airspaces the ATC have absolutely unintelligible accents, such as China or former USSR, that one needs to actually decipher the passed instructions.

In a nut shell in my opinion the argument about English proficiency/fluency is not a pre-requisite for aviation.