PIA wages

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

where in the pilots job description or PIA's aircraft operating procedures does it say that a pilot must make in flight announcements?
that would be nowhere
its not required, just something some pilots like to do. Many passengers do not apprecaite being woken up just after they have fallen asleep, with a long flight ahead, only to be told what those distant patches of land/ocean beneath them are. Did you ever think of that?

Next time you want to no where you are, look at the map or get a tour guide, thats not the pilots job, its just another distraction.
legalize
Registered Member

Post by legalize »

i take it that no one on this forum has a clue about what wages capatins at pia earn then!!!!
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

AN wrote:where in the pilots job description or PIA's aircraft operating procedures does it say that a pilot must make in flight announcements?
that would be nowhere
its not required, just something some pilots like to do. Many passengers do not apprecaite being woken up just after they have fallen asleep, with a long flight ahead, only to be told what those distant patches of land/ocean beneath them are. Did you ever think of that?

Next time you want to no where you are, look at the map or get a tour guide, thats not the pilots job, its just another distraction.
There is something called courtesy! and I do not think PIA pilots are courteous at all. A rather bunch of grumpies who just should be happy that they have a job (irrespective of how they got it).
Legalize, I agree with your presumption, no one here has any clue of the salary structure.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
legalize
Registered Member

Post by legalize »

and there was me thinking people on this forum were pia enthusiasts!!!!!!
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

Legalize, I hope this is all positive and I also hope that PIA managemenet and personnel are reading this forum and take it in a stride. This would help greatly towards making PIA a better airlines as we all would like it to see. Healthy and constructive criticism should be helpful and feedback is important.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I think this thread has gone too far off topic, and should be locked. Sorry legalize, I believe no one on this forum is quite sure of the wage structure.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Legalize, I asked the same thing a few months ago.

A well established PIA pilot gets around 60,000 rupees a month (senior F/O maybe, Captain get's around 70,000+). A new guy would get around 30,000 - 40,000 rupees a month.

I'm not sure how accurate these are, but that was the info I got.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

And how about flight attendents sallary?
Adnan
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

As far as I remember some one quoted a pilot on F-27 making around 90,000 Rs/month including all the allowances and some of the captains on widebody aircrafts make around 360,000 Rs/month including all the allowances. I am not exactly sure, may be cheetah can explain this.
Last edited by Junaid on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrandSlam
Registered Member

Post by GrandSlam »

Adnaan786 & legalize,i'll tell u guys the accurate salary of a Foker FO once i'll satart getting it :),But it'll be definately be 70K Plus[/b]
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Hey cool :D

What was interview/selection like??
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

arrite..i'll tell u how it goes...it all depends on the jnumber of hours u put in...an A310 f/o gets around 150 k plus if he puts in 65+ hours..but it all also depends on your seniority..your basic pay increases every year...a fokker f/o shouldnt really expect more than a max of 80 k cuz you dont really generate as many hours on this aircraft as you do on a widebody...777 pilots of course make more than other pilots due to the simple reason that they have occupied some of the most high capital routes namely trans atlantic ones...but honestly..the real money lies in domestic air travel..a 737 captain makes more than an A310 f/o..why ? becuz they are constantly shuttling b/we the middle east and on domestic routes...and seniority ofcourse counts too...its all quite confusing really..no clear cut division...
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

oh...another thing..our pay scales are awful compared to other airlines... an f/o on jet airways in India makes around an avg of 10000 dollars a month..in emirates an f/o starts from a basic pay of 4000 dollars and it increases to 6000 when he becomes a captain...in SIA..its around 14000 singaporean dollars for a B777 captain and sames the case in China eastern...Air china and China airlines..suks doesnt it ?
and some how pilots in our country always get a pay slash during every fiscal budget.....
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

There is something called courtesy! and I do not think PIA pilots are courteous at all. A rather bunch of grumpies who just should be happy that they have a job (irrespective of how they got it).

ho9nestly pak n us...i resent that..my Fathers a pilot in PIA and you are implying that PIa pilots have no courtesy...where in the pilots job descriptiuon does it say that he HAs to talk to passengers ? as far as the grumpiness is concerned...would you like to sit in one seat for a period of 8+ hours staring at nothing but clear blue skies ? as great an aviation fan as you are it would get a tad bit annoying after some time..and if you do stay awake on long haul flights you would notice that the pilot does get out of his seat and walk around the aircraft to make sure everything is in order..is'nt that courteous enough for you ? try to keep such biased comments to your self next time or be specific about the pilots you are tlaking about..dont generalise...[/quote]
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Hello all,

Ball park figures are the senior pilots btw. 25 & 30 + years $4,000-5000 this includes allowances both domestic and international layovers.

Start up pilots and upto 15 to 16 years seniority around $1000 - 2000 including allowances.

Mid level seniority 18years to 24 years around $2500 -3000+ again depending on layovers.

All this can be based on an average of 60-65 credit hours a month.

Hope that explains a bit.