PIA wages

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
legalize
Registered Member

PIA wages

Post by legalize »

Does any one know what the wages are for different types of pia aircraft pilots and f/o?
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

Considering their attitude, probably outrageous. I flew ORD - MAN - LHE and the pilot, whom I will not name (known to me personally :-# ) did not even come on the PA system and announce flight details.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

there could be only two reasons
1. could'not speak english
2. did'nt know how to operate PA
its not the attitude.

in early days i have been listening captains speaking punjabi as well. no kidding.
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

FULLTHRUST wrote:there could be only two reasons
its not the attitude.

in early days i have been listening captains speaking punjabi as well. no kidding.
I highly doubt that a captain or f/o operating on 777 on ORD-MAN-PAK sector does not speak english or doesn't know how to operate a PA system. I think it probably was bad attitude, which unfortunately does not seem to be in short-supply among PIA in-flight crew, no offence FULLTHRUST.
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

how many times you have been in the cockpit ord?
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

FULLTHRUST wrote:how many times you have been in the cockpit ord?
Well, never on a PIA flight. All I was trying to say was that flying a 777 is not a job that some ordinary Joe could do. I mean the pilots flying those planes, probably have a LOT OF EXPERIENCE under their belt and I highly doubt they wouldn't know how to use the PA system and since they are flying to the UK/US, they probably know english as well. (Might be a different story on the Fokkers though).

On most PIA flights that I have been on, one of the pilots does come on the PA and make at least some kind of statement. On routes flying ex-N.A., they usually give you a verbal idea of the flight path, usually while taxing to the runway.
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

ordinary Joe
there are too many on 777s
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

there could be only two reasons
its not the attitude.
As I said in my reply, I know this pilot personally from my kindergarten days all the way to College in Lahore. Comes from a very good family and very fluent in English. It is just an attitude issue.
In any case, we are moving away from the main issue. The main issue was, what is the salary of PIA cockpit staff? Does someone know the figures? :?:
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

people with attitude must not occupy cockpit.

on the other hand exceptions are always there.
legalize
Registered Member

Post by legalize »

so what would the wage be for a 777 crew and 747 crew?
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

i agree some people with a rank on their shoulders can be rather "maghroor" in their attitude. However PIA captains on the PA system has become rather rare...its mostly left to the flight purser.
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

I dont know the exact amount but I know for sure that the 777 capt. makes less than an A310 capt. His base salary would be higher than an A310 capt. but his slip and other allowances are much less.

that is just because the route structure.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

erm.... :? Ofcourse the PIA pilots know how to speak english and use the PA system. First of all to be able to fly an aircraft is not easy, anyone that can fly an aeroplane obviously knows how to use the PA system!!! It's probably the least difficult thing to do as a Pilot.

Secondly, in this day and age almost every pilot has to be able to speak english. Otherwise, how do you expect them to communicate with ATC. So I'm sure PIA pilots can speak very good english.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Why are we a nation that is so obsessed with English? The level of English proficiency does not determine the ability to operate the aircraft. Many European pilots just get by English and yet do not raise any brows, now why is that?
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

where in the pilots job description or PIA's aircraft operating procedures does it say that a pilot must make in flight announcements?
that would be nowhere
its not required, just something some pilots like to do. Many passengers do not apprecaite being woken up just after they have fallen asleep, with a long flight ahead, only to be told what those distant patches of land/ocean beneath them are. Did you ever think of that?

Next time you want to no where you are, look at the map or get a tour guide, thats not the pilots job, its just another distraction.