PIA Livery changing soon - Tariq Kirmani

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PakN'US
Registered Member

Neat to see changes in the Livery

Post by PakN'US »

How about if the front of the fuselage is white and the rest is green with the Moon and Cresent on the tail. Lettering could be of Gold and the 2 colors can be sepearted by Gold band
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

CoyBoy wrote:What a funny discussion its turned out to be, I'm sure the deisgns have already been done or are in the making by a professional firm, thats why Kirmani has spoken about it, its not like the issue is open to public contributions, though I do wish Nasir good luck if he sends in his suggestions.
We've already seen what the so-called 'professional firms' are capable of designing. :D
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

I just want to say that Nasir is a very talented artist, his art must be encourage by PIA, if Mr. Chairman see his work.
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

Do we have any idea for when this livery will come out?

also if anyone has any info on the repeat of the programme on vectone
in uk??

im soooooo exited!!!
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

basit, incase you didnt read PK777's post all of PIA's previous schemes, including ones prior to the 80'shave been deisgned by professionals can you find fault in one? each beautifully represented the trend of its era and matched the styles worn by the worlds leading carriers.

Even the the original version of the present scheme wasnt really bad if they had chosen lower case font for Pakistan title and painted it much larger and put a slightly bigger PIA on the tail, a lighter green and perhaps gold instead of beige would ahve also worked well, that way the Urdu logo could have been painted gold too, bringing back the gold/green combo logo.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Nasir is highly talented and I'm sure he will submit top class designs for PIA tail design modification.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

I now have no comments on the subject after your contribution Abbas with all due respect I imagined you would have a more realistic understanding of how a major professional organisation worked, or maybe you all know something I dont, like Nasir being a professional designer working for a major foreign firm to back his work, or his contacts in PIA that will surely win him the contract, or that he's related to Kirmani.

I think somethings have to been seen beyond freindship and blind enthusaism, no offense to anyone and I'm not critisising Nasir's designs if it coming across as that, just suggesting that PIA should go the prefessional way.
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Im a strong believer of the quality of Nasir's Designs. i think PIA should Look at all his designs before choosing their new livery!!
Mohammed Younis
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

To each his own.

I'm a strong believer in liveries like Aer Lingus, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Saudi Arabian, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, China Airlines, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, BMI, KLM, SAS, NWA, Continental, Varig, Avianca, Shaheen, PIA 1980's and 90's.

In Eurowhites I love the tails of Air France, South African, Philippines, Garuda, Air Canada(old), Air New Zealand, closer to home PIA Pashmina, Air Blue.

Just to name a few, I dont like the new US airways scheme which was much loved by all here, so I cant relate to Nasir's designs, its nothing personal, I hope you can see that Nasir, if you had done even one scheme like the ones I have listed I would have been your supporter, but you have your own different style.

I cn however relate to R.P Abraham's styl of schemes most of the time, so please dont be offended anyone.
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

CoyBoy wrote:I now have no comments on the subject after your contribution Abbas with all due respect I imagined you would have a more realistic understanding of how a major professional organisation worked, or maybe you all know something I dont, like Nasir being a professional designer working for a major foreign firm to back his work, or his contacts in PIA that will surely win him the contract, or that he's related to Kirmani.

I think somethings have to been seen beyond freindship and blind enthusaism, no offense to anyone and I'm not critisising Nasir's designs if it coming across as that, just suggesting that PIA should go the prefessional way.
Why are you hell bent on putting Nasir's designs down ? If there is talent somewhere, you must accept it, and you must give it an opportunity to grow. All those professionals you talk about were once people like 'Nasir', they had talent, and all they wanted was to grow, mature, and do work for other companies, gain more experience.

I'm sure one day Nasir would be running his own design company. He is talented, and you must accept it. Majority of the people on this forum have accepted his talent, its only you that remains left out.
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

coyboy wrote:I now have no comments on the subject after your contribution Abbas with all due respect I imagined you would have a more realistic understanding of how a major professional organisation worked, or maybe you all know something I dont, like Nasir being a professional designer working for a major foreign firm to back his work, or his contacts in PIA that will surely win him the contract, or that he's related to Kirmani.

What I'm trying here to say is that I believe designs by Nasir can compete with those designed by foreign firms involved in this business. So I think designs by Nasir should also be considered during final selection.
PK777 wrote: Also, i wonder if Negus and Negus, the London based company was contacted as they designed the 1980 green/gold livery and the 1990s green stripes livery... :?:
I completely agree Negus and Negus designed very beautiful liveries for PIA in 80s and 90s. British Airways livery was also designed by Negus and Negus in 70s.

1980s livery designed by Negus and Negus - Copyright Peter Frei

1990s livery designed by Negus and Negus - Copyright Airbus Industrie

Negus and Negus knew very well how to use Pakistan's national colours in PIA's livery design and they did it perfectly in their PIA livery designs of 80s and 90s. They also gave reason behind choosing each and every colour in their PIA livery designs of 80s and 90s. I remember they also gave reason why they removed word 'International' from 'Pakistan International' fuselage titles in their 1990s livery design. They also designed PIA's passenger ticket, baggage tags, ticket jacket, timetable etc. when they introduced 80s and 90s livery for the first time. Designs by Negus and Negus were excellent and I would have liked to see them design a completely brand new livery for PIA but, unfortunately, I think they went out of business sometime ago (or maybe changed company's name), I have not been able to find their website on the web. Maybe UK-based forum members can provide info about current status of Negus and Negus.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

I actually like the four province thing, i dont know if you all recall that a while aog i had suggested to do something like Quaid's tomb or the minar-e-pakistan on the fleet, i guess thats what they might do.

They might go for one kind by one kind. For example:

Quaid's Tomb on the B747s
Minar-e-Pak on the B777s
Badshahi mosque maybe on the A310s

well just an example you know what i mean. It would look neat though

Like say,

The a/c has PIA in Urdu like always written on the front of the fuselage BUT in Pashmina instead of normal style,
then on the engines some kind of art work is done, maybe the same monograms

the tail carries the impressions of the important landmarks and pakistani flag is on some part of the fuselage where it suits or something. Well just some brainstorming done
mohammed younis
Registered Member

I am praying to see the colours green and white back the aircrafts

the thought of pia showing their main monuments on their aircraft

its too good to be true
Mohammed Younis
Aphelion
Registered Member

Post by Aphelion »

From what I recall of the interview, Tariq Kirmani didn't mention any monuments being put on the tail. Each tail would have a pattern or a design representing one of the provinces. A bit similar to what British Airways did some years back.

He also didn't mention any other changes being made to the rest of the fuselage except the flag being placed behind the rear door with "Pakistan" written below it.

I am glad that "Pakistan" is being placed on the plane again, however, I am not sure placing it under the flag behind the rear door is a good idea. Perhaps the new tail can have a pattern, which has the letters PIA incorporated in it. "Pakistan" can then be placed where PIA currently is. Just a thought.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Some more discussion at the aitliners.net discussion forum:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/2299345/

BTW, what kind of designs could represent the four provinces ?? And how could they use different colours to go with that cream and dark green stripe??