PIA Livery changing soon - Tariq Kirmani

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Aphelion
Registered Member

PIA Livery changing soon - Tariq Kirmani

Post by Aphelion »

I have just seen Tariq Kirmani's interview on Vectone TV. The question of the livery was also raised. He said that the livery is going to be modified soon. There will be four different tail designs representing the four provinces of Pakistan. The flag will be moved to the area behind the rear door and Pakistan written below it.

He also said that he was going to be running PIA based on principles of 3 C's, Convenience of passengers, Competitive fares and Comfort of passengers.

I unfortunately missed the first bit of the interview, however, I did manage to catch most of it. It would take too long to type out everything here but the jist of it is.

Better utilisation of planes
Better marketing
PIA is leasing planes because of high demand on domestic routes since the introduction of better fares

I have tried to remember as much as possible, I am sure I've missed out other important bits which I'll post as I remember them
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

yes i saw too seem Mr.Kirmani wants to change PIA HR department mangement too. plus changing of tail to new livery would be great with PAkistan title.
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Excellent News !!

Could you tell me the name of the programme and what time is was on ??

Thankyou
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Very good news. Was any time frame given on the livery ? Maybe Nasir could email his livery designs to Tariq sahib, if he likes it, and wants to implement in, he could credit Nasir, and use any one of them as a new design.

Nasir, if your reading this, please do submit your designs to PIA. :D
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
hajafri
Registered Member

Post by hajafri »

Is it true that CM is going to change PIA-HR Training & Automation Department?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

If some people had their way, if this 'provincial theme' is adopted, we'd see the removal of the Pakistan flag on the tail, only to be replaced by the MQM flag on a/c representing Sindh, the PML flag on the a/c of Punjab, MMA flag on the NWFP a/c etc.

But on a serious note, Nasir please forward your designs to TK asap, especially the one with the tail design that Amaad has on this page. Thats beautiful. I wish there was some way you could get them to me, as I could give them directly to TK's daughter. That way I know for sure that TK will actually see them.
Moin Abbasi
Aphelion
Registered Member

Post by Aphelion »

Could you tell me the name of the programme and what time is was on ??
The programme is called Mulaqat. It was aired on Vectone Urdu channel at around 10 PM UK time on 28 Aug
Dr LazyScientist
Registered Member

Post by Dr LazyScientist »

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairl ... d=00001442

Moin, please go to this webpage for Nasir's picture (hope he doesn't mind me posting the link) and save the picture (right click, save as) and get it to the chairman. Tell him that anything similar to this would be superb!
W'salaam,
Dr LazyScientist
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Moin,

You can always contact Nasir by e-mail. Ask him to e-mail his designs to you, so you can get them to TK, and credit Nasir for the hard work. I'm sure TK would love Nasir's designs and I really hope one of them is implemented.

Moin, its upto you now mate. Do it quick ! :D
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

What a funny discussion its turned out to be, I'm sure the deisgns have already been done or are in the making by a professional firm, thats why Kirmani has spoken about it, its not like the issue is open to public contributions, though I do wish Nasir good luck if he sends in his suggestions.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Ok look, I can get this pic, the link of which has been posted above by LS to TK's daughter, thats no problem. I can even drop it off to his house, but I've had this idea and would like to see what it would look like.

In that pic which LS has posted the link of, is it possible for someone to slightly modify it in the following way as I'd like to see what it looks like:

1. The green stripe running from the bottom of the fuselage to the top, I'd like to see an identical stripe behind that in gold. The 2 stripes should be mated together and no gap in b/w, first the green and then the gold.

2. Also under the PIA, instead of Pak Int, if the PIA website address could be placed also in gold.

3. Coming to the tail, the crescent and star should be in gold alongwith the wave under the green, which is currently silver.

4. Lastly, the urdu PIA on the engines should also be in gold, alongwith the one on the fuselage, or better yet, the urdu logo should only be on the engines and not on the fuselage. Makes it look 'too busy'.

If not Nasir, can someone please have a go at these changes as I'd love to see how they look.
Moin Abbasi
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

There will be four different tail designs representing the four provinces of Pakistan.
There should be one more tail design for Azad Kashmir & Jammu Kashmir.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

These are disputed areas, in acctual Pakistan has only 4 provinces. I guess they will not give tail the designs for Azad Kashmir & Jammu Kashmir.
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

Azad Kashmir is not disputed. I think it would be a benficial for the cause if they include Kashmir Region also. however, having another category for northern areas would help tourism and bring a nice image of pakistan.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Also Moin, i think the off-white colour on the rear side of the fuselage should be removed too from the livery.

Thanks ARH for the information.

Also, i wonder if Negus and Negus, the London based company was contacted as they designed the 1980 green/gold livery and the 1990s green stripes livery... :?: