Detailed Build: 1/72 Airfix Concorde British Airways

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
Nasir
Registered Member

Detailed Build: 1/72 Airfix Concorde British Airways

Post by Nasir »

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: Detailed Build: 1/72 Airfix Concorde British Airways

Post by ConnieMan »

Manchester Concorde G-BOAC!!!, Beautiful model and awesome job done Nasir =D> =D>

I can see few areas that you missed on when it comes to angles/alignment of certain parts attached, perfect shapes of the parts and sections but over all it's beautifully done and very clean finishing job.:thumbs_up:

How long did it took you to do this project, did you added any resin or brass photo-etch parts to enhance it's quality and scale appearance...

I have been looking for this kit for few years now, can't find it anymore either from Airfix or Heller....
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

I have this model too but it is still boxed. Comes with a very nice stand and rubber for the wheels which is a nice touch and decals for all three colour schemes from days past! When I have time I shall construct it! You have done very well here - it looks good!
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Btw this model was built by Bradd Shinn and not Nasir. He's simply showcasing it here.
Moin Abbasi
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

If my model builds looked like this, I would quit my day job... :)
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nasir wrote:If my model builds looked like this, I would quit my day job... :)
Why r u under estimating your model building skills?..... :? :-s
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

ConnieMan wrote:Why r u under estimating your model building skills?..... :? :-s
As Sheikh Sa'adi famously said: "mun aanum ke mun daanum" (I am well aware of myself...) :) . Compared to Brad Shinn's work, my models (in my opinion) will always come up short.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Nasir wrote:
ConnieMan wrote:Why r u under estimating your model building skills?..... :? :-s
As Sheikh Sa'adi famously said: "mun aanum ke mun daanum" (I am well aware of myself...) :) . Compared to Brad Shinn's work, my models (in my opinion) will always come up short.
As always you are being humble here Nasir once again.

Lets see area's of fault on Brad Shinn's model, overall great and beautiful model BUT there are few areas that could be fixed to make it proper replication of real aircraft!.

-Nose's Pitot tube is of very short length.
-Area where pitot tube is joined tot he nose as roundness to it at the bottom..
-Nose's ARC is off for its curve angle and sliding rails section is weirdly molded, could have been fixed to make it proper.
-Vortex generator's span out too much then should be for this scale of model.
-Wing curves round at leading edge of the root area where it meets the left fuselage.
This part of wing should be straight!.
-I don't see "Kinks" on either of the wings, it should be visible on this scale of model.
-Fairing on aft top of the fuselage is very thick for the scale once again.
-Joint of Dorsal fin the main tail is awfully wrong. This join is very smooth blended curve.
- No separation line between wing and flight control surfaces, there should have been recessed line showing the separation gap.

Just a few errors i can see in the pictures provided, i'm sure there would be more that i can find if more pictures are provided of this very model.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

How come you did not note these errors before and only now? If you think you can do a better job than Bradd Shinn go right ahead. He has had donkeys years of experience building these models and I'd like to see someone come even remotely close to building something like this.
Moin Abbasi
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

ConnieMan wrote:Manchester Concorde G-BOAC!!!, Beautiful model and awesome job done Nasir =D> =D>

I can see few areas that you missed on when it comes to angles/alignment of certain parts attached, perfect shapes of the parts and sections but over all it's beautifully done and very clean finishing job.:thumbs_up:

How long did it took you to do this project, did you added any resin or brass photo-etch parts to enhance it's quality and scale appearance...

I have been looking for this kit for few years now, can't find it anymore either from Airfix or Heller....
Moin,

Maybe you need to read my quoted first post, when did i said it's a bad built?, why are you taking negative impression and being so defensive about it. In past i have made models which have won one of first 3 positions in competitions and it takes a lot to make competitive model Vs making one out of the box, which this one is as it seems to me. I have been on judging committees also, so i know what i'm taking about. Had Brad fixed all the issues and then built this model, you would have a seen big difference. Like i said couple times b4, that over all this model is done beautifully, it's very neatly built model as out of box built. He did dropped the flight control surfaces a little but then he filled the joint seam with putty and didn't bothered to make recessed line showing the gap that you would see on real airplane's wings.