PIA Meltdown

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
zerbaer
Registered Member

PIA Meltdown

Post by zerbaer »

Have heard that approval for Qatar Airways to operate domestic PIA routes is being seriously considered; Engg & Maint management (JV type) to Qatar also is in works. A new A/L could eventually be formed with what remains of PK with Qatar or xyz as major partner/owner. Saifur Rahman is said to be the man putting it all together. Has anyboby else heard anything similar?
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

Qatar was asked by GoP to have a major maintenance facility in Pakistan to get all those rights which you mentioned, Alhamdullilah, GoP awarded the permision to Qatar to operate an airline in Pakistan, I am not sure wheter it would operate under *Qatar*'s name!!

Base maintenance is almost sold to Qatar, and they are working hands in hands with GoP.

Privatisation of PIA means Qatar.....
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

I would say, good for pilots and engineers, atleast they would get industry standard salaries!!

what would be the fate of *FLIGHT ENGINEERS*????

Could someone shed some light on FEs., if Qatar takes over?
m2hassan
Registered Member

Post by m2hassan »

So , then all these moves , new chairman with the record of privitizing public entities. Qatar being awarded a license to operate within Pakistan and beyond . Possible domestic operations with a seperate airline and Qatar airways actually flying international from Pakistani airports ( 5th freedom). Its not much of a mystery any more, pretty much every thing is in the pipline. The only question remains is PIA going to swallowed by Qatar and reduced to subsiduary with a feeder service like business plan or rebuild to compete along side. It all depends on Qatars financial managers , whether they think its feasible to have a company directly fighting for passengers with the parent company.
Only time will tell !
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

The only condition which AT (Air Transport) branch of CAA (Pak) imposed on Qatar was to have a major maintenance base in Pakistan, which PIA Ispahani hangar serves the purpose for Qatar.
virk
Registered Member

Post by virk »

Saifur Rahman ??? I thought he was in jail when did he come out???
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Slowly but surely pieces of puzzle are coming together, isn't it. I bet it all started with so called gift of A310 from Qatar Airways!!. In respect of handing over the Engg & Maint to Qatar Airways is good thing to happen in favor of PIA's current crises situation.

Let see what more is in pipeline to come from that deal....
VC10
Registered Member

Post by VC10 »

I seem to remember suggesting seeking QRs help on this forum some months ago with respect to maintenence, but why not give ( lease ) them a 10-year contract to manage PIA.
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

VC10 wrote:I seem to remember suggesting seeking QRs help on this forum some months ago with respect to maintenence, but why not give ( lease ) them a 10-year contract to manage PIA.
it is something like giving Pakistan on contract. Would you like to give your household on a 10 year contract to those *arabs*
VC10
Registered Member

Post by VC10 »

If my house was falling down, and an efficient saviour could be found, then yes I would.By the way, I don't discriminate on the grounds of race, so Arabic people would be just fine.
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

Bravo!!
zerbaer
Registered Member

Post by zerbaer »

If KESC, PTCL, Habib Bank & overcharging on petrol/diesel prices (Rs250 billion) to name just few, are any examples of the probable outcome, saner people should be very very worried about PIAC. Think, the not so clandestine plan is to dissolve PK & expect none to notice what happened.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

dont worry full thrust they have a hefty compensation plan if redundancy hits. another 5 years there wont be any fes left to fly if pia wishes to continue using a few 747s. nothing at stake.chill
F.K
zerbaer
Registered Member

Post by zerbaer »

dont worry full thrust they have a hefty compensation plan if redundancy hits. another 5 years there wont be any fes left to fly if pia wishes to continue using a few 747s. nothing at stake.chill
So, for the right 'compensation' you will do the unthinkable? Naadaan dost sey dushman...
chevron
Registered Member

Post by chevron »

No plan to privatise PIA, says Chairman

Islamabad: PIA Chairman Zafar A Khan has said that he has not come with any privatisation plan of the airline nor the government has any such plan.
He said PIA would neither be sold nor any employee would be removed. The services of the senior and retired employees would be availed for restoring the image of the national airline, he added. - APP

Source The News
The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall. - Orville Wright
History is not history unless it is the truth. – Abraham Lincoln