Chaklala 6th September, 2006

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
oxon
Registered Member

Chaklala 6th September, 2006

Post by oxon »

Usman
Registered Member

A Sabre

Post by Usman »

What is that aircraft in the last picture right in front of C-130? Looks like a Sabre but how did it end up there? Is it preserved there?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Oh Yes!! That's an F-86 Sabre!! what's it doing there?
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Abbas Ali wrote:Oh Yes!! That's an F-86 Sabre!! what's it doing there?
Yes saw that Sabre preseved in the base by PAF on 6th sept.. Its only with the body, no wheels, nothing else!
Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Thanks Adnan for the info.

I have a few more questions:

Is it serial# 53-1125, North American F-86F Sabre ?

Is it sitting on some sort of pedestal or mounted on short pole? Any idea about its squadron markings?

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Sorry Abbas bhai it was not possible to see all those things like serial and the squadron it belonged to because you couldn't able to get closer to that due to security, i saw that from a quite distant place. The only thing I can confirm is that it is not mounted on a pole but placed on a very small kind of rock.
Adnan
amin007
Registered Member

Post by amin007 »

Great cool shots buddy and I'm telling you its an inside man's job caz at chaklala its no joke to take pics of fighter jets on display.
According to my knowledge three North American F-86F Sabres were preserved by the air force before donating all the grounded Sabres to bangladesh. One of these sabres is at masroor base. Cannot comment upon the serial number but perhaps oxon could help us in this regard?
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

no prov for me toget into chacklala airport since my dad is a gov. pilot!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

Abbas Ali wrote:Oh Yes!! That's an F-86 Sabre!! what's it doing there?
that sabre is probably from PAf area n islamabad, used to goto a paf scool and see it everday on the way!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

PIA 10141 ... problem solved... your dad is PAF pilot... you can pop over and get the serial number for F.86 !! or kindly ask your dad to jop down the number for you !!!
amin007
Registered Member

Post by amin007 »

Its good that PIA 10141 could identify the serial number on that sabre, we'll be waiting for ur confirmation :wink:
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

unfortunatly there is a problem... my dad is not a PAF pilot in, he's from OGDC... also im in pakistan and my dad is in lahore for some bussiness issue so... i don't think it will be possible... BUT I won't dissapoint you guys and ask my dad to get it the next time hes got a flight or just from my cousin who's a PAF maniac!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

amin007 wrote:According to my knowledge three North American F-86F Sabres were preserved by the air force before donating all the grounded Sabres to bangladesh.
Pakistan did not donate any of its F-86 Sabres to Bangladesh. The aircraft donated by Pakistan to Bangladesh were Shenyang F-6 in year 1990/91. Many of the PAF F-6s donated to Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) were damaged beyond repair by cyclonic storm that struck Bangladesh's Chittagong Air Base in year 1991. The surviving F-6s served BAF before their retirement few years later.

An ex-PAF F-6 fighter donated to Bangladesh Air Force now on display at the Bijoy Sarani traffic square in Dhaka - Image Source WarbirdsofIndia.com

After the fall of Dacca in December 1971, Bangladesh Air Force was initially equipped by a very small number of PAF No. 14 Squadron F-86E Sabres abandoned by Pakistan at an air base in Dacca. Here's photo of one of these aircraft:
An ex-PAF F-86E Sabre in Bangladesh Air Force markings preserved at Bangladesh Air Force Museum in Dhaka - Image Source WarbirdsofIndia.com

On following link we can see photos of many PAF F-86 Sabres on display at different places in Pakistan.

Link: Warbirds in Pakistan

See you at:
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

F.86 at Chaklala ? Unable to get hold of number , well ! it not there any more (11.9.2006) . Interesting thing is that no one knows where it has been moved to ? Managed to get some PIA photos taken in late evening so they are bit dark side , ( will post them tomorrow ) .. and that's it ! And one more photo of plane which I never seen it before. If any body else knows about the F.86 , let the Forum know !!
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

F-86 not there now? How is it possible? I mean it was there on a kind of small rock and was preserved, oxon who told you that is not there anymore?
Adnan