Pakistan Defence Day to be celebrated at PAF air bases

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Pakistan Defence Day to be celebrated at PAF air bases

Post by Abbas Ali »

Ad in today’s (August 4, 2007) newspaper.

I guess general public for the first time will be able to see PAF's newest combat aircraft JF-17 'Thunder' at this year's air shows. I hope organizers allow photography this time [-o<
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Karachi PAF Base Masroor (Mauripur) ad in today’s (August 5, 2007) newspaper.

See you at:
Salman Haider
Registered Member

Post by Salman Haider »

Defence Day Celebrations

http://www.paffalcons.com/main.php
PAF Falcons - Second to None
www.paffalcons.com
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Anyone going? Would love to see some pics.. I think Pakistan should hold aviation airshows like India/Dubai is doing to promote interests in aviation and general interest. :?: :idea:
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

If photography is allowed, hopefully some of the members can take pics and share with those of us that couldn't make it!
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I don't understand why organizers enforce photography ban on general public at Pakistan Defence Day air-show while at the same time they allow personnel from print and electronic media to take photos and make video footage of the event that appear in newspapers and on news channels. I don't understand what difference organizers think there can be between photos taken by general public and media personnel?

The organizers should realize that general public is allowed to take photos at air-shows held in most of the other countries. An air-show with ban on photography becomes dull for serious aviation enthusiasts.

See you at:
Salman Haider
Registered Member

Post by Salman Haider »

yes photography were srickly not allowed, why? Last time some peoples taking snaps from there mobile sets secretly as i observe. :!:
PAF Falcons - Second to None
www.paffalcons.com
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I beleive if you have connections with PAF officers you can take your cameras with you. Last time I saw so many people with there cameras with them taking shots of the planes.

As for the mobile phone, same goes for them aswell. They are also not allowed, if anyone is keeping his cell phone on that event be sure that he/she has some contacts with administration.
Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

AP-BGL wrote:I beleive if you have connections with PAF officers you can take your cameras with you. Last time I saw so many people with there cameras with them taking shots of the planes.

As for the mobile phone, same goes for them aswell. They are also not allowed, if anyone is keeping his cell phone on that event be sure that he/she has some contacts with administration.
Last year, organizers were very strict at Lahore Air Base. Only media persons were allowed to bring cameras at the venue. No body else was allowed to bring camera or cell phone.

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Abbas Ali, they would have been I agree but I was particularly talking about Chaklala Airbase, Rwp.
Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

No PAF air show at Lahore Air Base this year probably due to security situation in the country.

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Abbas Ali wrote:No PAF air show at Lahore Air Base this year probably due to security situation in the country.
Yup, I already mentioned in another thread that all PAF shows going to be held in different airbases of the country are now canceled.
Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Here's a photo from PAF air show held at Peshawar Air Base on September 6, 2007. Good to see classic FT-6 in this photo.
Peshawar - PAKISTAN: Pakistani schoolchildren look at fighter jets displayed to mark the country's Defence Day in Peshawar, 06 September 2007. Pakistan and India have fought three wars two of them on Kashmir since they gained independence from Britain in 1947. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Tariq MAHMOOD (Photo credit should read TARIQ MAHMOOD/AFP/Getty Images)

And, surprisingly, following are photos from Lahore Air Base! I wonder where these people came from because general public was not allowed to attend air show in Lahore.

Lahore - PAKISTAN: Pakistani spectators look at a display of fighter jets and weapons to mark the country's Defence Day in Lahore, 06 September 2007. Pakistan and India have fought three wars two of them on Kashmir since they got independence from Britain in 1947. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Arif ALI (Photo credit should read Arif Ali/AFP/Getty Images)

Lahore - PAKISTAN: A Pakistan Air Force soldier stands guard in front of a display of weaponry to mark the country's Defence Day in Lahore, 06 September 2007. Pakistan and India have fought three wars two of them on Kashmir since they got independence from Britain in 1947. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Arif ALI (Photo credit should read Arif Ali/AFP/Getty Images)

From this photo looks like few children from selected schools were allowed to attend the show at Lahore.

Lahore - PAKISTAN: Pakistani students look at a display of weapons to mark the country's Defence Day in Lahore, 06 September 2007. Pakistan and India have fought three wars two of them on Kashmir since they got independence from Britain in 1947. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Arif ALI (Photo credit should read Arif Ali/AFP/Getty Images)

Following two photos are from Chaklala Air Base in Rawalpindi.

Rawalpindi - PAKISTAN: A Pakistan Air Force personnel stands guard as people look at the weaponry displayed to mark the country's Defence Day at the Chaklala airbase in Rawalpindi, 06 September 2007. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Aamir QURESHI (Photo credit should read AAMIR QURESHI/AFP/Getty Images)

Rawalpindi - PAKISTAN: Pakistan Air Force personnel stand in front of the Crotale Weapon System displayed to mark the country's Defence Day at the Chaklala airbase in Rawalpindi, 06 September 2007. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Aamir QURESHI (Photo credit should read AAMIR QURESHI/AFP/Getty Images)

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

In today’s (September 7, 2007) newspaper, saw this photo of Pakistan Air Force’s North American F-86F Sabre (aircraft serial# 53-1125) preserved at Chaklala Air Base, Rawalpindi. The photo was taken during Defence Day celebrations at the air base on September 6, 2007.

RAWALPINDI: A large number of children climb Pakistan Air Force F-86 Sabre jet fighter during Defence Day celebrations at Chaklala Air Base on Thursday (September 6, 2007) – Photo Source ‘The News’

I hope the aircraft wasn’t damaged by these kids.

Found another one at Getty Images. Note incomplete serial number 31125 applied on the aircraft by some local painter. The aircraft's original serial number was 53-1125. Also, poorly painted emblem on aircraft's tail indicate this F-86F Sabre during it last years of active service flew for Pakistan Air Force's No. 26 Squadron 'Black Spiders'.
Rawalpindi - PAKISTAN: Pakistani schoolchildren swarm around a fighter jet displayed to mark the country's Defence Day at the Chaklala Air Base in Rawalpindi, 06 September 2007. Pakistan's armed forces staged a display of their might as they celebrated the Defence Day, a commemorative day of the war fought against neighboring India in 1965. AFP PHOTO/Aamir QURESHI (Photo credit should read AAMIR QURESHI/AFP/Getty Images)

That strange orange/red thing placed outside engine exhaust cone is looking very ugly and it should be removed. Apparently the aircraft is on some sort of mobile platform to move it to different locations at the air base.

BTW, it's the same aircraft that was discussed last year in topic 'Chaklala 6th September, 2006' (Posted On September 8, 2006)

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I literally cannot pull myself out of the shock that defense day was celebrated in Chaklala Airbase while I was told by of the pilot (F-7 PG) that there wont be the celebrations in the country anymore due to security reasons and now Abbas Ali is posting the pictures of the event. I’ll have to ask why the hell he misguided me or if the program was changed, why didn’t he inform me…
Adnan