International Flight Operations Suspended in Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Faisal777
Registered Member

Re: International Flight Operations Suspended for Two Weeks in Pakistan

Post by Faisal777 »

bukhari917 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:42 am
Faisal777 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:28 am
bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm Called at their Doha office and attempted multiple times..like 100s of times after it finally worked :lol:
Ah did u call from pakistan? Which network is cheapest to call Qatar if you know?

Also, did u originally book direct with Qatar or via an agent?
Yes but i used my Dutch sim. I have package for international calls , everytime i called it took roughly over an hour to get to speak with someone costing me around 100euro in total. I don't know packages of Pakistani sims and yes i booked with Qatar website. Initally we were flying with Saudia which was cancelled, then Turkish also cancelled, British again cancelled and all these were booked through agencies and i am still waiting for refund and they say it can take upto 3 months for refund. So with Qatar, i decided to book directly on their website but unfortunately it still didn't allow me to change booking online and i had to call them. When i travel with KLM or Airfrance i can change booking online if there is a cancellation. Quite convenient.
Thanks a lot, you saved me massively. My return flight to LHR got cancelled with QR, agents don't answer their phones and QR London shut their office. I was about to pay £7000 today for new flights as was feeling so hopeless. Instead I went and charged up a Zong sim card with 2000 PKR, called Qatar and return tickets finally reissued for 1 April, free of charge.
Faisal777
Registered Member

Post by Faisal777 »

According to Qatar when I called them, they said QR633 wont operate on 31 March. No idea why, seems to be the only missing day. But I guess they may add it later on
shayan0321
Registered Member

Post by shayan0321 »

Abbas Ali wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am PIA planning to operate international flights from Pakistan with passengers.

PK797 from Lahore to Toronto on March 27
PK701 from Islamabad to Manchester on March 27
PK791 from Islamabad to Birmingham on March 28
PK785 from Islamabad to London on March 28

Abbas
Would these allowed flights be coming back empty as ferry flight or are they bringing passengers back as well? Any clarification on these yyz flights
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA aircraft will return to Pakistan without passengers.
PIA spokesman said that all four flights would return empty after dropping the passengers at their destined foreign airports.
https://arynews.tv/en/coronavirus-pia-s ... uk-canada/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

Faisal777 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:35 pm
bukhari917 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:42 am
Faisal777 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:28 am
bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm Called at their Doha office and attempted multiple times..like 100s of times after it finally worked :lol:
Ah did u call from pakistan? Which network is cheapest to call Qatar if you know?

Also, did u originally book direct with Qatar or via an agent?
Yes but i used my Dutch sim. I have package for international calls , everytime i called it took roughly over an hour to get to speak with someone costing me around 100euro in total. I don't know packages of Pakistani sims and yes i booked with Qatar website. Initally we were flying with Saudia which was cancelled, then Turkish also cancelled, British again cancelled and all these were booked through agencies and i am still waiting for refund and they say it can take upto 3 months for refund. So with Qatar, i decided to book directly on their website but unfortunately it still didn't allow me to change booking online and i had to call them. When i travel with KLM or Airfrance i can change booking online if there is a cancellation. Quite convenient.
Thanks a lot, you saved me massively. My return flight to LHR got cancelled with QR, agents don't answer their phones and QR London shut their office. I was about to pay £7000 today for new flights as was feeling so hopeless. Instead I went and charged up a Zong sim card with 2000 PKR, called Qatar and return tickets finally reissued for 1 April, free of charge.
Fantastic. Well to be true. My Qatar flight was cancelled and rebooked atleast 5 times. I had to call them everytime and get it reissued. I won't be surprised if they cancel 1st April , give you another date and then decide to operate on 1st April, so i will suggest to wait until last day in that case and they might change mind and operate again. It did happen with us. Btw 7000 GBP vs 2000PKR is massive difference. Even i once gave up and decided to book new flight for 400000pkr but didn't have enough courage plus my credit card is already f***** up, waiting refunds of more than 4000 euros from different airlines. Safe travels.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Qatar Airways Boeing 777-300ER (aircraft registration A7-BEE) is airborne as airline's flight QR632 from Doha to Islamabad.

The aircraft will depart from Islamabad at 3:05 AM on March 26 as flight QR633 to Doha with passengers.

Source: flightradar24.com

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Abbas Ali wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am PIA planning to operate international flights from Pakistan with passengers.

Abbas

See you at:
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

Abbas Ali wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Abbas
Looks like PIA wants to use it as an opportunity, they would sell new tickets at much higher prices to generate some revenue as competitors like Emirates, Etihad, Oman, BA will be out of the game for the time being. That will be very unfortunate to use crisis as an opportunity, it makes sense for the prices to go up for new sales and that's not in question here. The question is not accommodating existing customers, that is kind of criminal.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA flights to London, Manchester and Birmingham on March 28 & 29.

Abbas

See you at:
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

Kuwait Airways operating Boeing 777-300ER on Kuwait-Lahore sector, yesterday i noted a returning flight KU204 and today again i noted KU204; any idea what these flights are for carrying food stuff, live stock, etc?
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Maybe Kuwait Airways also transported passengers from Pakistan with transit in Kuwait City like done by Qatar Airways?

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA has cancelled plan to operate flights with passengers from Pakistan (Islamabad/Lahore) to UK (London, Manchester, Birmingham) and Canada (Toronto) on March 27 & 28.

Abbas

See you at:
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

It was sheer stupidity to plan them in the first place. All it took for PIA to go nuts was the return of the idiot sitting at the top.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

British Airways

British Airways plans to resume service between London and Islamabad with three weekly Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights from April 5.

London Heathrow – Islamabad eff 05APR20 3 weekly 787-8 (service resumes on 05APR20)

Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways plans to resume flights linking Abu Dhabi with Islamabad and Lahore from April 10.

Abu Dhabi – Islamabad 1 daily A321
Abu Dhabi – Lahore 11 weekly A320/321

Air China

Air China planning to resume Pakistan flights with one weekly Airbus A330 service from Beijing to Karachi via Islamabad from April 10.

Beijing Capital – Islamabad – Karachi – Beijing Capital 1 weekly A330 (resumes on 10APR20)

https://www.routesonline.com/

Opening of international flight operations expected in Pakistan on April 4.

Abbas

See you at:
daniyal 07
Registered Member

Post by daniyal 07 »

currently ap bgy and ap bmg (retrolivery) boieng 777s are standing at lahore airport while two other aircraft visited today which were a dhl boieng 767 and kuwait airways boieng 777.