International Flight Operations Suspended in Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: International Flight Operations Suspended for Two Weeks in Pakistan

Post by Abbas Ali »

Qatar Airways Airbus A350-941 (aircraft registration A7-ALY) as special flight QR632 from Doha landed in Islamabad at 1:07 AM (March 24). The aircraft transported 40 Pakistanis who were stranded in Doha due to suspension of international flights to Pakistan.

All passengers underwent screening process and none of them tested positive for COVID-19.

Source: flightradar24.com

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

flydubai Boeing 737-8KN (aircraft registration A6-FGB) special flight FZ8053 from Dubai to Islamabad to transported 101 Pakistanis who were stranded in Dubai/UAE due to suspension of international flights to Pakistan. The aircraft landed in Islamabad at 3:19 AM.

All passengers underwent screening process and none of them tested positive for COVID-19.

Abbas

See you at:
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

bukhari917 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:03 pm Very unfortunate. We were booked for today from ISB to AMS but flight was earlier cancelled. They booked us on April 1st (which looks like will be cancelled) and now they are operating ISB-DOH flight. I called them twice to get the flight changed back for today and they said THERE IS NO FLIGHT FROM ISB ON 24th MAR.
Qatar Airways has booked us on flight from ISB to DOH and onward to AMS for tomorrow (25th Mar). They say the flight will operate today from ISB. Doha airport, Qatar website flight status and ISB airport all showing QR632/633 scheduled. Our booking is also having "Confirmed" status. Tomorrow's flight is also available for booking on QR website.
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:17 pm
bukhari917 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:03 pm Very unfortunate. We were booked for today from ISB to AMS but flight was earlier cancelled. They booked us on April 1st (which looks like will be cancelled) and now they are operating ISB-DOH flight. I called them twice to get the flight changed back for today and they said THERE IS NO FLIGHT FROM ISB ON 24th MAR.
Qatar Airways has booked us on flight from ISB to DOH and onward to AMS for tomorrow (25th Mar). They say the flight will operate today from ISB. Doha airport, Qatar website flight status and ISB airport all showing QR632/633 scheduled. Our booking is also having "Confirmed" status. Tomorrow's flight is also available for booking on QR website.
DOH to ISB QR632 Check in is now open.
Faisal777
Registered Member

Post by Faisal777 »

bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:23 pm
bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:17 pm
DOH to ISB QR632 Check in is now open.
How did you call Qatar airways? They dont answer my phone, please let me know
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

Called at their Doha office and attempted multiple times..like 100s of times after it finally worked :lol:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Qatar Airways Boeing 777-300ER (aircraft registration A7-BEP) is airborne as airline's flight QR632 from Doha to Islamabad.

Abbas

See you at:
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

Abbas Ali wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:33 pm Qatar Airways Boeing 777-300ER (aircraft registration A7-BEP) is airborne as airline's flight QR632 from Doha to Islamabad.

Abbas
By the way, we are unable to check in for our flight from ISB to DOH and DOH to AMS. It says please check in at the counter. What could be the reason? Never happened before.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Forty-five Pakistani traders stranded in Uzbekistan where they had gone as tourists. Uzbekistan Airways operated flights between Tashkent and Lahore before the suspension of international flights to Pakistan.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Turkish foreign minister during telephonic conversation with his Pakistani counterpart said that Turkey is looking after stranded Pakistani transit passengers in Istanbul as its own citizens.

The stranded Pakistani passengers will be flown from Turkey to Pakistan upon resumption of normal international flight operations between the two countries.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Qatar Airways Boeing 777-300ER (aircraft registration A7-BEP) landed at Islamabad Airport at 1:09 AM as flight QR632 from Doha.

According to Geo News, the aircraft arrived in Islamabad as a ferry flight from Doha with aircraft crew only.

It will depart from Islamabad at 3:05 AM as flight QR633 to Doha with around 300 passengers traveling to foreign countries on Qatar Airways flights via airline's hub in Doha.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to Geo News, Pakistan's Aviation Division/CAA has received applications from various airlines for operation of special flights to transport their passengers stranded in Pakistan due to suspension of international flight operations in the country.

Turkish Airlines and Qatar Airways have operated such flights from Pakistan.

Abbas

See you at:
Faisal777
Registered Member

Post by Faisal777 »

bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm Called at their Doha office and attempted multiple times..like 100s of times after it finally worked :lol:
Ah did u call from pakistan? Which network is cheapest to call Qatar if you know?

Also, did u originally book direct with Qatar or via an agent?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA planning to operate international flights from Pakistan with passengers.

PK797 from Lahore to Toronto on March 27
PK701 from Islamabad to Manchester on March 27
PK791 from Islamabad to Birmingham on March 28
PK785 from Islamabad to London on March 28

Abbas

See you at:
bukhari917
Registered Member

Post by bukhari917 »

Faisal777 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:28 am
bukhari917 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm Called at their Doha office and attempted multiple times..like 100s of times after it finally worked :lol:
Ah did u call from pakistan? Which network is cheapest to call Qatar if you know?

Also, did u originally book direct with Qatar or via an agent?
Yes but i used my Dutch sim. I have package for international calls , everytime i called it took roughly over an hour to get to speak with someone costing me around 100euro in total. I don't know packages of Pakistani sims and yes i booked with Qatar website. Initally we were flying with Saudia which was cancelled, then Turkish also cancelled, British again cancelled and all these were booked through agencies and i am still waiting for refund and they say it can take upto 3 months for refund. So with Qatar, i decided to book directly on their website but unfortunately it still didn't allow me to change booking online and i had to call them. When i travel with KLM or Airfrance i can change booking online if there is a cancellation. Quite convenient.