Visa on Arrival Facility to be Inaugurated by Prime Minister

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Visa on Arrival Facility to be Inaugurated by Prime Minister

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources:

Prime Minister Imran Khan will formally inaugurate visa on arrival facility on March 14. Trial of the facility has begun.

Initially, this facility will be available to citizens of five countries Turkey, China, Malaysia, UAE and UK.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Visa on Arrival Facility to be Inaugurated by Prime Minister

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan has developed modern online visa and visa on arrival system.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Steps being taken for the promotion of tourism in Pakistan:

* Pakistan embassies/high commissions directed to issue three-month visa to citizens of 186 countries.
* e-Visa facility to citizens of 175 countries.
* Visa-on-arrival facility to citizens of 50 countries.

Abbas

See you at:
Areeb
Registered Member

Post by Areeb »

Easy Visa=More Visitors,More Visitors=More Flights,More Flights=More Airlines,More Airlines=Busy Airport
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

Areeb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 am Easy Visa=More Visitors,More Visitors=More Flights,More Flights=More Airlines,More Airlines=Busy Airport
What an ideal equation;
I would like to extend a little ahead:
Easy Visa=More Visitors,More Visitors=More Flights,More Flights=More Airlines,More Airlines=Busy Airport, Busy Airport=More Mess & Congestion.

This morning I have witnessed the chaos & poor management at immigration counters, luggage belts & arrival halls. Hardly I could breathe when LHE was processing 3 back to back PIA, AirBlue and Qatar flights around 8am morning. Following incidents in just one hour:
  • People were yelling on FIA officials for giving advantages to their known persons (Fairly protocol)
  • Not even a single official was administrating the queues
  • Poor hygiene situations & air conditioning at arrivals
  • SAPS & PIA guys were fighting publicly while they both were using Belt2 for PK & QR flights. Belt went stopped for about 7mins because of poor luggage loading. It chocked the passage window
  • At arrival hall; Can't even explain how I made my exit and had to kept my pockets safe.
I had similar experience on 7th Mar at the time of departure. However; I saw the slides on immigration counters welcoming Business & Group travels for on-arrival 30days visas and marketing FIA Immigration App.

LHE needs immediate attention if CAA & Govt is seriously considering to improve tourists volume in Pakistan. For now LHE is a nightmare for me at least.
Connecting Businesses through Travels
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

In March 14 newspaper:

Discover Pakistan

Introducing Pakistan's New Visa Regime

Highlights of New Visa Regime:

• Pakistan missions authorized to grant three-month visas to foreigners of 186 countries
  • Citizens of China, Malaysia, Turkey, UAE & UK will be the first to avail these facilities in the initial phase
  • 175 countries to avail the facility of e-visa
  • Processing time for manual and e-visa shall be 7-10 working days
  • Number of countries for visa-on-arrival increased from 24 to 50
  • Pakistan missions to issue multiple business visas to business-persons of 96 countries on the recommendations of Ministry of Commerce within 24 hours
  • Pakistan missions to grant five year validity and one year stay (multiple) visas to foreigners of Pakistani origin and their spouses which shall be processed in 7-10 working days
Urdu version.

English version.

Abbas

See you at:
Tuti Fruiti
Registered Member

Post by Tuti Fruiti »

As Pakistan seems to be taking positive steps, the EU has made more difficult for Pakistanis to get visa according to newspaper of today 14 March 2019.
Misuse of visa is big reason for such actions and deterioration of worth of Pakistani Passport

لاہور(نمائندہ جنگ) پاکستانیوں کے لیے یورپی ممالک کا ٹورسٹ ویزا حاصل کرنا مزید مشکل ہو گیا ہے۔ یورپی یونین نے پاکستانی شہریوں کو تھرڈ ورلڈ کے قریباََ تمام ممالک کے ساتھ ʼʼویʼʼ کیٹگری میں ڈال دیا ہے ، جس کی وجہ یہ ہے کہ ان ترقی پذیر ممالک کے شہری یورپ کےویزے کا غلط استعمال کرتے ہیں ۔کچھ توسیاسی پناہ کی درخواستیں دائر کرنا شروع کر دیتے ہیں، جس سے یورپی یونین کی معیشت اور ماحول پر بُرے اثرات مرتب ہوتے ہیں
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan online visa system visa.nadra.gov.pk launched by Prime Minister Imran Khan today.

Welcome to Pakistan's Official Visa Portal

visa.nadra.gov.pk

Launch your online visa application in a secure and easy way

This service is currently available for the citizens of China, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Malaysia only. More countries will be added soon.

Abbas

See you at:
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

I have just tried to check the system and it has some major problems.
1) The UK does not show in as a listed country for visa on arrival but when you go through fee calculation section, it shows as eligible for visa on arrival. In fee calculations, UAE and the UK are mixed up. When you check for UAE it shows info of UK and vice versa.
2) Why is the fee for other countries is set at USD 17 whilst for the UK it is USD 126. Do they really think that the British will pay 126USD for a visa to Pakistan when no one wants to go there in the first place? Visas to most tourist places from the UK are free with flights to North Africa being well under £200, so why would anyone come to Pakistan. Absolutely bonkers...Visa fees must not exceed USD 10 or 15 for any country if any that is. If we want to attract ANY tourism.
NL
Registered Member

Post by NL »

Apart from the obvious mistakes, the site seems to work - at least for now while it sees few actual users.

Unfortunately, the visa policy itself is still stuck in the same old reciprocity tantrum, resulting in excessive fees for exactly those nations that happen to be the main source countries for international tourism. Then there's an insane amount of information demanded, much of it rather useless for evaluating a visa application. At least the invitation letter scam appears to have been weakened by allowing a hotel reservation in its place.