Is Lufthansa Going to Resume Flights From Pakistan?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Areeb
Registered Member

Is Lufthansa Going to Resume Flights From Pakistan?

Post by Areeb »

Tuti Fruiti
Registered Member

Re: Is Lufthansa is going To resume flights from Pakistan?

Post by Tuti Fruiti »

In the recent past as well, German ambassador has said about possibility of Lufthansa resumption of flights.

With British Airways resumption, the foreign airlines must be satisfied with security situation. Only thing that might be stopping them is how much profit will they be able to make from Pak market!! Pak diaspora in Germany is in half lakh or so. The real target of them will be the US market, because there a large diaspora resides and that market is right now virtually in hands of ME3 and Trukish AIrline. I think EU airlines decision will be based on those reasons....
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Tuti Fruiti wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:45 pm In the recent past as well, German ambassador has said about possibility of Lufthansa resumption of flights.

With British Airways resumption, the foreign airlines must be satisfied with security situation. Only thing that might be stopping them is how much profit will they be able to make from Pak market!! Pak diaspora in Germany is in half lakh or so. The real target of them will be the US market, because there a large diaspora resides and that market is right now virtually in hands of ME3 and Trukish AIrline. I think EU airlines decision will be based on those reasons....
Exactly.
Regarding the security situation I can tell you that it hs been improved and is not considered a „extreme risk country“ anymore.
Last edited by Hamad on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Areeb
Registered Member

Post by Areeb »

I think if Lufthansa resume they could not get profitable load.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Lahore (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News – 5th January, 2018) Following British Airways, German Airline Lufthansa is interested to start flight operations to Pakistan.

A team of the German airline will soon visit Pakistan to review the situation.

This was informed by German Ambassador to Pakistan Martin Kobler in a meeting Deputy chairman of the Senate, Senator Saleem Mandviwalla.

Source: urdupoint.com
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Areeb wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am I think if Lufthansa resume they could not get profitable load.
Well if it's a 2x per week flight with something like A321, it could be easy to fill up. Considering Pakistani passport holders have no issue transiting to other European destinations.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
amjid84
Registered Member

Post by amjid84 »

faisal-777 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 pm
Areeb wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am I think if Lufthansa resume they could not get profitable load.
Well if it's a 2x per week flight with something like A321, it could be easy to fill up. Considering Pakistani passport holders have no issue transiting to other European destinations.
An A321 is too small an aircraft, yes it can fly the distance, but for comfort - they would have to deploy a Wide-Body, at least A330 or B787 to PAK. Also frequency would have to be at least 3 weekly to be viable for crew-layover. Ideally, they'll want to use the same crew to avoid lay-over in PAK. However, with Security improved at ISB & LHE, nearby hotels can be an option - esp with the Hotel complex set to be opened soon across from LHE Airport.

They could also do a tag-on route through DXB and have the crew remain in DXB. But this would defeat the purpose of trying to lure customers to a direct-flight. Another nail in PIA's coffin, but PIA needs to improve or move on.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Is Lufthansa Going to Resume Flights From Pakistan?

Post by Abbas Ali »

German Ambassador to Pakistan Martin Kobler encourages Lufthansa to resume Pakistan flights.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: