PALPA to start movement against shut down of New York Flight

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
aviator773
Registered Member

PALPA to start movement against shut down of New York Flight

Post by aviator773 »

Just read news ticker on one of the news channels that PALPA has decided in one of its meeting to start a movement against shut down of New York flight and has warned that will provide every kind of assisstance if any action is taken against any of its employee.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PALPA to start movement against shut down of New York Flight

Post by Amaad Lone »

A lot of captains and pilots have kids and families living and studying in the US and the PIA flight was their free ticket home.

Plus the long layovers with the TA DA to the crew.

Selfish blood suckers.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

PIA staff can get PIA staff ticket on ZED for flight AA = American Airlines YIDMR2 for staff, wife/husband/spouse, children, parents entitled fly AA anytime anywhere. PIA free ticket Pakistan to London to Pakistan then PIA staff ticket £300 (approx Rs 45,000 less) AA American Airlines London to USA to London valid 3 months 90 days open date. Flight daily everyday up to 25 flight a day to USA very easy to get seat no problem Please do not worry too much. Also it two pieces of baggage 23kg / 50lbs free allowance. I regularly fly AA every time to USA to see my family in USA. Hope you enjoy fly good time.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Amaad Lone wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm A lot of captains and pilots have kids and families living and studying in the US and the PIA flight was their free ticket home.

Rightly said, 100%.
Fortune favours brave.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

PIA staff apply Interline request another other airline for free ticket and pay service charge & airport tax
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Pakistani institutional utilization guide:

1. Find a reference or way to get into it without merit or with minimum effort.
2. Form a lobby or coalition with people of similar interests and aims.
3. Suck whatever you can legally or illegally out of your institution without caring for long term impacts of thinking selflesly.
4. When someone tries to clamp down on such things, go on strike or threaten.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

umar744 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 pm PIA staff apply Interline request another other airline for free ticket and pay service charge & airport tax
For Interline tickets they still have to pay some good amount of Money, also while travelling with other Airlines they will be treated like regular PAX. Unlike PIA, they can't manipulate standby passenger list- The Justice, off course they don't like.
Fortune favours brave.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Has PALPA ever done anything good gor the organisation, always fighting for their salaries and privileges.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

PIA flight were two time a week to JFK but AA fly many flight daily every time to JFK. 10 flight from KHI/ISB/LHE to LHR then fly AA to USA but PIA staff ticket easy to get PIA staff ticket AA ZED anytime unlimited WITHOUT apply interline 2-3 weeks and WITHOUT other airline EMBARGO but AA have NO embargo all times. Some other airlines may allow upgrade Business class if full Economy class but PIA NEVER upgrade Business class if full Economy class seat. I told my brother to must fly AA from LHR to USA when he fly PIA free ticket to LHR to see me and he realised very good flight everyday AA easy get seat. PIA shut down JFK same like Thai Airways shut down JFK 2008 & LAX 2012 due to low load and loss of money no profit. Thai Airways passenger fly codeshare with other airlines on Star Alliance OZ Asiana Airlines, EVA Air, Singapore Airlines, ANA, Air China, etc and passengers want break stopover and transit instead of nonstop. PIA passengers have NO time to get / apply UK transit visa for PIA flight stopover Manchester that why passengers use other airlines EK Emirates, EY Eithad Airways WITHOUT UK & EU Transit visa that why less low passengers on PIA to JFK that why PIA lost money no profit to JFK but Good profit UK flight and Oslo / Copenhagen / Paris / Milan better than JFK. Last time I flew MAN-JFK on PIA it not comfortable for passengers from Pakistan to JFK via Manchester because extra security check additional time in Manchester long queue & question. UK / EU Embassy do not straight away to get transit visa to passengers that why they put / use VFS visa centre agent take long time up to 3 months to get transit visa. Good passengers to YYZ Canada better profit and full seats than JFK because nonstop direct to YYZ without stopover UK / EU. My brother and my mother do not like stopover Manchester on PIA to JFK.
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

Amaad Lone wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm A lot of captains and pilots have kids and families living and studying in the US and the PIA flight was their free ticket home.

Selfish blood suckers.
You just said something very true. Alot of pilots used to even fly on GD although they were not among the optg crew.

Everyone is selfish in this organization and only works for his/her own welfare without thinking about national interest.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Former PIA COO & Acting CEO Bernd Hildenbrand said this about airline's employees' unions and associations:

"They basically manage PIA in many areas and, of course, they are not interested in the economic success of the airline but in [the interests of] their own clientele [that ranges] from a loader to a pilot."

Info source: Monthly Herald magazine November 2017 issue.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

In the interview with Mubashir Luqman
Former PIA COO & Acting CEO Bernd Hildenbrand also said that " PIA pilots are overpaid and underworked "
This is true but apart from the fly or not guaranteed hours payment taken by arm twisting another is the twice or thrice a week flight patterns of PIA.
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

rayyanullah wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 am In the interview with Mubashir Luqman
Former PIA COO & Acting CEO Bernd Hildenbrand also said that " PIA pilots are overpaid and underworked "
This is true but apart from the fly or not guaranteed hours payment taken by arm twisting another is the twice or thrice a week flight patterns of PIA.
riz
Registered Member

Post by riz »

Abbas Ali wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:39 pm Former PIA COO & Acting CEO Bernd Hildenbrand said this about airline's employees' unions and associations:

"They basically manage PIA in many areas and, of course, they are not interested in the economic success of the airline but in [the interests of] their own clientele [that ranges] from a loader to a pilot."

Abbas
Well explained Gora Saab. Quick learner to Figure out the Loot & Plunder... PALPA leads the way.
R 1 z .

PK > EK. EI ED FZ WY B6 G9 EY NL QR GF TG PF.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Without offense to Any one, i want to ask what is the issue PALPA have with closure or starting up any route?

Their core Job is to Fly the Aircraft from Origin to Destination based on the monthly roster that they got from AIMS-Crew rostering software. What they really have to do if the particular destination is in the list or not?

Any way, In my Opinion closure of JFK and keep running YYZ( even adding extra frequency) is a logical thing to do. Also, P.I.A needs to increase PAK-UK direct flights and remove all other European destinations.

P.I.A needs to increase frequency to every destination within in flying radius of 4 hours. This way the direct and short flying time advantage will be on PIA side, instead of ME3.
Fortune favours brave.