Smog & Fog Disrupt Flights Operation

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Re: Smog & Fog Disrupt Flights Operation

Post by haroon_ek »

Abbas Ali wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:44 pm Very thick fog in Lahore tonight.

One of the affected flights:

Shaheen Air Airbus A319 (AP-BNI) Karachi to Lahore flight NL-144 that departed from Karachi at 7:07 PM and landed at Karachi at 9:51 PM.

Source: flightradar24.com

Somewhere between Raiwaind and Kahna around 8:25 PM, flight NL-144 began turning back towards Karachi.

Abbas
ILS latest installation not effective for landing safely in these cases as well or pilots not trained for the said job?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ I think pilot training and/or aircraft without required proper equipment also play role in diversion of flights.

When some aircraft were diverting to other airports, following flights landed in thick fog at Lahore Airport on November 6 apparently with the help of ILS installed at the airport.

* Batik Air Malaysia/Malindo Air Boeing 737-800 (9M-LND) flight OD-131 from Kuala Lumpur landed at Lahore at 8:25 PM.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/od131

* PIA Boeing 777-300ER (AP-BHV) flight PK-306 from Karachi landed at Lahore at 8:53 PM.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/pk306

* Thai Airways Airbus A330-300 (HS-TEU) flight TG-345 from Bangkok landed at Lahore at 10:30 PM.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg345

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Gulf Air operated its last two Bahrain to Faisalabad flights on Bahrain to Lahore route. Passengers were transported by road to Faisalabad from Lahore.

On November 4, Gulf Air Airbus A330-200 (A9C-KB) operated Bahrain to Faisalabad flight GF-790 from Bahrain to Lahore where it landed at 12:35 PM. Maybe it also carried passengers of flight GF-790 that was cancelled on November 2.

On November 7, Gulf Air Airbus A320-200 (A9C-AF) operated Bahrain to Faisalabad flight GF-790 from Bahrain to Lahore where it landed at 2:18 PM.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Flights Affected Due to Fog and Smog

Karachi, November 07, 2017:
Due to the weather conditions (dense fog and smog) prevailing in the country, some of PIA flights operating on Wednesday & Thursday been revised, few cancelled, PIA spokesman said on Tuesday.

PIA spokesman said that the weather condition is expected to prevail for the next few days and is beyond the control of the airline. PIA has to adjust the timings of its flights due to such weather conditions, as the airline cannot operate flights with poor visibility and also keeping in view the safety requirements. This, results in either cancellation of the flights or flights operated with delays.

Following flights have been revised for Wednesday (8 November) due to weather conditions:

PK-650 Lahore-Islamabad will operate with a delay of 2 hours.
PK-651 Islamabad-Lahore will operate with a delay of 2 hours.
PK-304 Karachi-Lahore will operate with a delay of 1 hour.
PK-305 Lahore-Karachi will operated with a delay of 1 hour.

Wednesday (8 November) flights that have been cancelled are:

PK-307 Lahore -Karachi has been cancelled.
PK-312 Karachi-Lahore has been cancelled.

Following flights have been revised for Thursday (9 November) due to expected adverse weather conditions:

PK650 Lahore-Islamabad will operate with a delay of 2 hours.
PK-651 Islamabad-Lahore will operate with a delay of 2 hours.
PK-451 Islamabad-Skardu will operate 2 hours early of scheduled time.
PK-452 Skardu-Islamabad will operate 2 hours early of scheduled time.

Thursday (9 November) flights that have been cancelled are:

PK-390 Karachi-Sukkur-Islamabad.
PK-391 Islamabad-Sukkur-Karachi.
PK-588 Karachi-Bahawalpur.
PK-589 Bahawalpur-Karachi.
PK-582 Karachi-Rahim Yar Khan.
PK-583 Rahim Yar Khan-Karachi
PK-651 Lahore-Bahawalpur.
PK-652 Bahawalpur-Lahore.
PK-584 Karachi-Dera Ghazi Khan.
PK-585 Dera Ghazi Khan-Karachi.

The passengers are being informed by PIA Call Centre. However, the passengers can also confirm the revised timings of their flights before reaching airports from PIA Call Centre at 111-786-786. PIA regrets the inconvenience caused its passengers. Passengers are also requested to provide their contact numbers at the time of booking, PIA spokesman concluded.

Source: PIA Press Release (November 7, 2017)

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

We must use smoke guns at bigger airport atleast as we already have ILS CAT 3 at lhe.
I always found populated area very close to airport fence especially at pew, lhe , isb and khi which is another danger when it comes to low visibility landings.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Airliners in foggy weather at Lahore Airport.
akhan224 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:22 am Hey Guys,
I have been following this forum for ages, but never really had any meaningful pictures to contribute. However, yesterday my flight from Karachi returned back to Karachi due to the terrible smog situation and only managed to land early in the afternoon. I swear it was like something out of Heathrow. I could see planes landing every 30 seconds. Literally, 20-25 planes landed in the space of half an hour. The tarmac was packed beyond capacity. I have never seen it so busy. I'm sorry I couldn't take pictures of the apron area opposite the terminal, but these are the airlines that I noted:

PIA, Emirates, Thai Airways, Etihad, Oman Air, Saudi Arabian, Kuwait Airways, Air Arabia, Serene Air (which I flew on), Shaheen Air, Air Blue and some other airlines I couldn't recognise. I wish our airports could be this busy all the time! I hope you enjoy the pictures. The International airlines had taken over the entire terminal (even the domestic boarding bridges), so we were given the stairs and bus (not that I minded as it gave me a chance to take pics)

Enjoy!

Source topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25927

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Thai Airways Airbus A330-300 flights TG-345 from Bangkok continue showing good record of landings at night in foggy weather/poor visibility in Lahore apparently with the help of modern ILS installed at the airport.

Abbas

See you at:
bnm
Registered Member

Post by bnm »

Abbas Ali wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm Thai Airways Airbus A330-300 flights TG-345 from Bangkok continue showing good record of landings at night in foggy weather/poor visibility in Lahore apparently with the help of modern ILS installed at the airport.

Abbas
My relative are traveling on this flight, aircraft landed at night but pilot refused to takeoff, meanwhile astonishingly PIA 777 Jeddha flight dare to take off, now this flight is going on 11 am but airport still have 0 visibility and all aircraft parking bays are full and u can see on Flight radar 24 so many flights all over Punjab circling in air and waiting for land, airport car parking bays are also filled up .
GrandSlam
Registered Member

Post by GrandSlam »

To carry out CAT 2/CAT 3 both the Pilots and the Aircrafts needs to be certified.
Even if one of the crew member is not certified for CAT2/CAT3 approach then the approach can not be conducted.
On 6th Both PK 306 and TG Flight landed at LAHORE but later could not take off.
Minimum Visibility Requierment for CAT 3 B is 75 Meters where for take off minimum visibility requirement is 125 meters so after landing PK 307 got cancelled.
Normally the ME flights arriving at LHE divert back to their bases because the chances are if they land the return flight might end up being cancelled because of Crew duty time limitations.They generally reschedule their flights in advance
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

(From left to right) JetAsia Boeing 767, flydubai Boeing 737, Shaheen Air Airbus A330 and Emirates Boeing 777 seen parked at Sialkot International Airport in foggy weather - Photo Source: Daily Times

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Large number of airliners seen parked at Lahore Airport in foggy weather.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Flights Affected Due to Weather Conditions

Karachi, November 9, 2017:
Due to the weather conditions (dense fog and smog) prevailing in the country, some of PIA flights operating on Friday have been cancelled and revised, PIA spokesman said on Thursday.

PIA spokesman said that the weather condition is expected to prevail for the next few days and is beyond the control of the airline. PIA has to adjust the timings of its flights due to such weather conditions, as the airline cannot operate flights with poor visibility and also keeping in view the safety requirements. This, results in either cancellation of the flights or flights operated with delays.

Keeping in view the weather forecast for Friday (10 November), the following flights have been cancelled and revised:

PK-313 Lahore-Karachi cancelled.
PK-853 Islamabad-Lahore cancelled.
PK-206 Kuwait-Lahore has been re-routed to Karachi.
PK-588 from Karachi-Bahawalpur to operate as Karachi-Multan-Islamabad.
PK-340 Karachi-Faisalabad to operate as Karachi-Lahore.
PK-746 will operate on Jeddah-Islamabad sector instead of Jeddah-Sialkot.
PK-248 Dammam-Lahore will operate one hour ahead of scheduled time.
PK-306 Karachi-Lahore will operate two hours ahead of schedule time.
PK-307 Lahore-Karachi will operate two hours ahead of schedule time.
PK-650 Lahore-Islamabad will operate with a delay of two hours
PK-503 Karachi Gwadar will operate with a delay of two hours.
PK-352 Karachi-Multan will be delayed by three hours.
PK-746 Jeddah-Islamabad will be delayed by three hours.

Source: PIA Press Release (November 9, 2017)

See you at:
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

Sharifs have brought nothing else but curses to this country this smog and fog is one of many zillats and zalalsts given to Punjab and Lahore by Sharifs during their last 10 years of power there
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

pk363 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm Sharifs have brought nothing else but curses to this country this smog and fog is one of many zillats and zalalsts given to Punjab and Lahore by Sharifs during their last 10 years of power there
This is an aviation forum. Keep your political rants out of here.

Thank you.

Abbas

See you at: