A very busy Lahore Airport November 7, 2017

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
akhan224
Registered Member

A very busy Lahore Airport November 7, 2017

Post by akhan224 »

Hey Guys,
I have been following this forum for ages, but never really had any meaningful pictures to contribute. However, yesterday my flight from Karachi returned back to Karachi due to the terrible smog situation and only managed to land early in the afternoon. I swear it was like something out of Heathrow. I could see planes landing every 30 seconds. Literally, 20-25 planes landed in the space of half an hour. The tarmac was packed beyond capacity. I have never seen it so busy. I'm sorry I couldn't take pictures of the apron area opposite the terminal, but these are the airlines that I noted:

PIA, Emirates, Thai Airways, Etihad, Oman Air, Saudi Arabian, Kuwait Airways, Air Arabia, Serene Air (which I flew on), Shaheen Air, Air Blue and some other airlines I couldn't recognise. I wish our airports could be this busy all the time! I hope you enjoy the pictures. The International airlines had taken over the entire terminal (even the domestic boarding bridges), so we were given the stairs and bus (not that I minded as it gave me a chance to take pics)

Enjoy!

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: A very busy Lahore Airport November 7, 2017

Post by Abbas Ali »

Welcome to forum and thank you for sharing for very nice set of photos.

Interesting to note Emirates and Thai airliners parked on terminal side usually used for domestic flights.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
akhan224
Registered Member

Post by akhan224 »

Yes, indeed. I think they had reserved the entire set of boarding bridges for international operations but it wasn't enough as a bunch of them still had to park remotely. The domestic arrivals were all provided buses. I wish I could have taken a picture of the opposite end of the apron, but the buses were moving quickly and the fog was very thick.
akhan224
Registered Member

Post by akhan224 »

Thank you for the warm welcome, Abbas. I travel a lot so hopefully will be posting more pics in future.
chaklala
Registered Member

Post by chaklala »

Superb stuff. Surprised to see a Thai A330) during daylight hours; usually a creature of the night!