PIA Ending New York Flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Airborne
Registered Member

Re: PIA Ending New York Flights from January 2018

Post by Airborne »

FKhan722 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 pm I have heard that last flight into JFK is on Saturday October 28th, 2017 - can anyone confirm??

Thanks!!
Yes sir, true indeed!!!
JFC
Registered Member

Post by JFC »

In PIA's code sharing list they have listed West Jet for New York via Toronto. When searching Lahore to New York flights no result is listed after Oct 28. Any idea how booking can be done for Code sharing flight as most of the destination listed in code sharing table are not even an option in PIA's cities.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Its so sad.

I remember during university days in America 1985-89 I would reach JFK from Boston and walking to the terminal from a distance see a green tail with PIA written on it and knew I was almost home.

Tragic what the rulers have done to this great airline.

The hiring of the worst staff and then the best ones leaving with the golden handshake another scheme that destroyed PIA.

Good luck I wish something can be done to revive this airline.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Sadiq
Registered Member

Post by Sadiq »

Heard the JFK station closure date advanced to 28 Oct. Can somebody confirm.
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

Amaad Lone wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:17 am Its so sad.

I remember during university days in America 1985-89 I would reach JFK from Boston and walking to the terminal from a distance see a green tail with PIA written on it and knew I was almost home.

Tragic what the rulers have done to this great airline.

The hiring of the worst staff and then the best ones leaving with the golden handshake another scheme that destroyed PIA.

Very true Ammad, and very sad indeed!!!!

Good luck I wish something can be done to revive this airline.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PIA Ending New York Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA to operate last flight for New York on October 28, according to news sources.

According to newspaper reports, on October 26 the senate was informed that PIA New York flights were suffering loss of 1.2 billion rupees per year.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

News channels reporting operation of last PIA flight PK-711 to New York from Karachi via Lahore & Manchester on October 28.

Abbas

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

It's sad to see this, but this is inevitable and a right step. In fact all of the loss making routes needs to be shut down to arrest the loss making situation. And PIA needs to deploy freed Aircraft from this closure where they are able to make some profit or at least break-even.
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Seems PIA Boeing 777-200LR registration AP-BGY is going to perform airline's last flight PK-711 to New York on October 28.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/pk711

Abbas

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Actually in the short run PIA should consider code share New York and other US cities via Toronto.

With two LRs PIA can try to upgrade Toronto to six weekly with some load for the U.S
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

BTW, I think with the end of New York service, the two PIA Boeing 777-200LR (AP-BGY & AP-BGZ) Worldliners will become a rare sight at Manchester and other European airports.

Abbas

See you at:
Bluemax
Registered Member

Post by Bluemax »

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ typical politically biased BOL News reporting.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Boeing 777-200LR registration AP-BGY approaching John F. Kennedy International Airport - New York as airline's last flight PK-711 from Karachi via Lahore & Manchester on October 28.

Pakistan International Boeing 777-200LR by Humza Jamil, on Flickr

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Last PIA flight from Lahore to NY takes off

October 29, 2017

LAHORE -
The last PIA flight from Lahore to New York left Allama Iqbal International Airport at 6:15 am on Saturday.

The flight was with full load of passengers, said a PIA officer. He said it was the last flight from Lahore to New York and after this there would be no flight from Pakistan to America operated by the PIA .

'The Nation' had published a news story in the first week of October about suspension of PIA flights to New York. According to the plan, the airline had earlier cut booking to 50 percent. Later, one of the two flights was suspended. Finally, the last flight was suspended on Saturday.

An officer serving in the Lahore booking office of the PIA told this scribe, “We stopped reservations for PIA flight PK-712, operating from Lahore to New York, on October 10. However, the flight PK-711, which was operating on second day of the week, was available in the system and it was suspended on Saturday.”

Sources in the airline said that New York sector was incurring loss worth Rs 450 million annually and it was not even meeting its Direct Operating Cost (DOC). They said that it was due to poor marketing policies of the management wherein routes were given to foreign airlines. Those foreign airlines were operating flights to New York on a daily basis with good meal, active In-Flight Entertainment System, low fares and efficient and willing crew members.

The PIA had purchased Boeing 777-200LR for long-route flights on inflated rates, but this route has been now closed due to poor management.

Source: The Nation

See you at: