PIA ATR Flight PK-661 Crashes Near Havelian

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: PIA ATR Flight PK-661 Crashes Near Havelian

Post by faisal-777 »

Seems like as usual, nothing concrete is coming out of this investigation.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The senate was informed today that process of flight 661 crash investigation by Safety Investigation Board (SIB) is ongoing and at this moment it's too early to blame anyone for the accident.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

In March 19 newspaper:

Public Notice

After the tragic incident of PK-661 certain belongings of the victims were recovered by the district government and the rescue workers. The same belongings are intended to be displayed for the family members of the victims on March 24, 2017, at 3:30 PM at PIA Booking Office 5, The Mall, Rawalpindi.

The family members of victims are requested to come at the above time and place with their original CNIC for the identification of these belongings, so that such belongings can be handed over to them.

Urdu version.

English version.

Abbas

See you at:
Boomin Bomber IJ
Registered Member

Post by Boomin Bomber IJ »

How long will they need to decide what caused the crash? Modern airplanes do not suddenly drop out of the sky. The flight recorders were found within first two days. If the pilots had applied wrong inputs it would have shown. All the debris was found; I am sure it was tested for signs of explosives.If the pilots were drugged, coerced or suddenly had a stroke or heart attack it would have been heard. I believe everything leads to the previous structural repairs made to the aircraft after the earlier crash landing at LHE. I wonder if they have check those points.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Boomin Bomber IJ wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:29 am How long will they need to decide what caused the crash? Modern airplanes do not suddenly drop out of the sky. The flight recorders were found within first two days. If the pilots had applied wrong inputs it would have shown. All the debris was found; I am sure it was tested for signs of explosives.If the pilots were drugged, coerced or suddenly had a stroke or heart attack it would have been heard. I believe everything leads to the previous structural repairs made to the aircraft after the earlier crash landing at LHE. I wonder if they have check those points.
Agreed. In case CVR and FDR are recovered quickly, you at least get some pieces of puzzle. You can connect them later to reach at final single conclusion. However, I believe it's merely a case of inexperience and incapability that it's taking so long to figure out even the preliminary reason.

There are programs offered in some western universities on 'human factors', air accidents, focused specifically on these subjects and roll out experts. How many such experts do we have in Pakistan? I believe none.

Also if one reads the air crash reports of the last incidents before, you would know how precise and technical our investigators usually are. While Bhoja report has some substance, air blue report is a joke. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing clear is presented here too
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Engine Failure Caused PIA Tragedy

ISLAMABAD:
The black box report of the Pakistan International Airlines aeroplane, which crashed near Havelian in December last year, has revealed that engine failure caused the tragedy.

This was said by Aviation Division Secretary Mohammad Irfan Elahi while talking to reporters here on Wednesday after attending a meeting of the Senate standing committee on rules of procedure and privilege.

He said that an investigation was underway by experts to ascertain reasons behind the engine failure.

Several parts of the plane had been sent to France and the engine to Canada for further investigations, he said, adding that the process of completion of the investigation report could take three to four months.

Source: DAWN (March 23, 2017)

See you at:
smhusain_1
Registered Member

Post by smhusain_1 »

Faisal 777: I think the reports issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Board of Pakistan regarding the loss of the Air Blue (A320) and the Bhoja Air(B737)aircraft are precise and clear, clearly pointing at the shortcomings that were present. We need to accept the findings at a personal level even if it goes against our understanding of events.
Boomin Bomber IJ
Registered Member

Abbas Ali wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 am Engine Failure Caused PIA Tragedy

ISLAMABAD:
The black box report of the Pakistan International Airlines aeroplane, which crashed near Havelian in December last year, has revealed that engine failure caused the tragedy.

This was said by Aviation Division Secretary Mohammad Irfan Elahi while talking to reporters here on Wednesday after attending a meeting of the Senate standing committee on rules of procedure and privilege.

He said that an investigation was underway by experts to ascertain reasons behind the engine failure.

Several parts of the plane had been sent to France and the engine to Canada for further investigations, he said, adding that the process of completion of the investigation report could take three to four months.

Source: DAWN (March 23, 2017)
That's BS. An engine failure does not lead to an aircraft falling from the sky out of control. They are just selling what 99.99% Pakistanis are willing to buy because of their ignorance in aviation matters. There has to be more to it, and with due apologies to the pilots on here, I am afraid it points to pilot error or negligence. A minor icing on the wings not taken care of, can prove catastrophic in case of power loss.It could also be a maintenance issue, leading to improper feathering of the shut off engine....
Boomin Bomber IJ
Registered Member

smhusain_1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:47 pm Faisal 777: I think the reports issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Board of Pakistan regarding the loss of the Air Blue (A320) and the Bhoja Air(B737)aircraft are precise and clear, clearly pointing at the shortcomings that were present. We need to accept the findings at a personal level even if it goes against our understanding of events.
Agreed. Have read both reports and I also find nothing wrong with them.
smhusain_1
Registered Member

Post by smhusain_1 »

There is no report issued of this crash of Dec 7, 2016 officially. We also do not know why the PIA ex-Lufthansa CEO was let go and what came off the inquiry which was to find his wrong doings, or was there any?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

A press conference is expected next week about findings of flight PK-661 crash investigation, according to 24 News channel programme 'Khara Sach' hosted by Mubasher Lucman.

Abbas

See you at:
A.D
Registered Member

Post by A.D »

Mubashir Luqman has no knowledge he just tries to prove himself as very technical and factual. Knowing some technical terminologies does not mean you are an expert... most of the time he is just exaggerating.
I am waiting for the press conference.
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

A.D wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:53 pm Mubashir Luqman has no knowledge he just tries to prove himself as very technical and factual. Knowing some technical terminologies does not mean you are an expert... most of the time he is just exaggerating.
I am waiting for the press conference.
As low as he should have visited HOP forum for some information. :wink:

Nil/Nil knowledge about aviation.
Boomin Bomber IJ
Registered Member

Of all the things Mubashir Luqman reported about ATR incidents, he did not know that this very (ill-fated) aircraft had previously been damaged in a crash landing, repaired and put back into service! Anyhow, I am willing to believe what he reports about engineering lapses in PIA.
FKhan722
Registered Member

Post by FKhan722 »

Isn't Mubashir Luqman a Pilot also? If he is - i do think he should have some aviation knowledge!!

Disclaimer - i'm not pro or anti Mubashir Luqman!! However if the man is a pilot to say he has nil/nil knowledge when it comes to aviation is a little harsh isn't it?

Best Regards