PIA website showing my pictures of the LR

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
AirBlue
Registered Member

PIA website showing my pictures of the LR

Post by AirBlue »

sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Re: PIA website showing my pictures of the LR

Post by sadiqhassan »

AirBlue wrote:http://www.piac.com.pk/gallery/gallery1.asp

right at the bottom
Cool. :D

Did they pay you? (If you don't mind me asking hehe)

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

They never pay and why would they? They just pick up images from airliners.net...

There was another HOP forum member whose images were put on PIA website without permission!
Adnan
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

AP-BGL wrote:They never pay and why would they? They just pick up images from airliners.net...

There was another HOP forum member whose images were put on PIA website without permission!

Really? I had no clue. I always thought that airliners.net images were copyrighted. Won't they get into legal trouble?

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

No they dont...they take the permission to use the pictures just like Abbas bhai has all our pictures
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

sadiqhassan wrote:Really? I had no clue. I always thought that airliners.net images were copyrighted. Won't they get into legal trouble?

Cheers
Offcourse those images are copyrighted but the simplest answer for this is PIA dont ask for permission! Abbas Bhai's case is different, he always mentions the name of acctual photographer whohas taken the shot.

Can you find any credits to photographer in the image sections of PIA website?
Adnan
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

cool nice picture's
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
PIAinORD
Registered Member

Post by PIAinORD »

AP-BGL wrote:
sadiqhassan wrote:Really? I had no clue. I always thought that airliners.net images were copyrighted. Won't they get into legal trouble?

Cheers
Offcourse those images are copyrighted but the simplest answer for this is PIA dont ask for permission! Abbas Bhai's case is different, he always mentions the name of acctual photographer whohas taken the shot.

Can you find any credits to photographer in the image sections of PIA website?
Speaking in legal terms, I think PIA owns the copyright to all things PIA like the planes and images so the fact of the matter is they can show images taken by whoever of their product because well its their product isn't it?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

PIAinORD wrote:Speaking in legal terms, I think PIA owns the copyright to all things PIA like the planes and images so the fact of the matter is they can show images taken by whoever of their product because well its their product isn't it?
Nope. The photographers own it. If there is a picture taken of the Chicago skyline or Toronto skyline. The cities dont own the pictures, the photographer does.
PIAinORD
Registered Member

Post by PIAinORD »

AirBlue wrote:
PIAinORD wrote:Speaking in legal terms, I think PIA owns the copyright to all things PIA like the planes and images so the fact of the matter is they can show images taken by whoever of their product because well its their product isn't it?
Nope. The photographers own it. If there is a picture taken of the Chicago skyline or Toronto skyline. The cities dont own the pictures, the photographer does.
But the Chicago skyline isn't a corporate entitity like a PIA 777 is? Though I really don't have a good legal concept of what is public domain and what isn't, maybe someone who's a lawyer can help me out. But I'm sure PIA could easily make the claim that your taking pictures of one their corporate entities and thus their fully entitled to use it on their website without your permission.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

AirBlue wrote:
I agree. However, if something is a corperate entity, you might need permission to take a picture of it. With that being said, the company owning the entity cannot take the pictures without permission

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

I think the entities you are reffering to is thier ground operations which you are not allowed to take pictures off. Now how many people will they start using pictures off? No airline has ever claimed that a certain picture a person takes of thier plane belongs to them. It doesnt. Why? Because there was no effort by them. Its all logic.

For Example. If you own a F1 sports car and i see it, i take a couple of pictures of it. Sure the car is yours. But the pictures are mine. Why? My effort, my camera, my time and my work. All you have there is your car. If you dont allow me to take the picture i sure will not. If i do it without asking you, you would not even care until or unless i take that picture, and start representing it as my own. Now that is freud.

Hope this cleared your concept. Otherwise ill have to come up with more examples and in that thinking is required and God knows how much i hate thinking.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

AirBlue wrote:
Hope this cleared your concept. Otherwise ill have to come up with more examples and in that thinking is required and God knows how much i hate thinking.
Haha, don't worry - I get it :)

I was just saying that if PIA wanted to be idiotic they could forbid you to take pictures of their planes. Heck, in school, we have to sign 100 forms granting permission for people with cameras to take picture of us.

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

optimist
Registered Member

Eiffel Tower

Post by optimist »

Well I'm no expert on copyrights, but I think generally the images belong to the photographer. But then we have this Eiffel Tower in Paris, it's illegal to publish night shots of the tower! That's bull! But at least they say that out loud, they have an official statement on it and they stand by it (even if it's wrong), where does PIA say anything about its images?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_Tow ... _copyright
Images of the Eiffel Tower have long been in the public domain; however in 2003, the operating company SNTE installed a new lighting display on the tower. The effect is to put the night-time image of the tower under copyright. It follows that it is no longer legal to publish contemporary photographs of the tower at night without permission.

The imposition of copyright has been controversial. The Director of Documentation for SNTE, Stéphane Dieu, commented in January 2005 "It is really just a way to manage commercial use of the image, so that it isn't used in ways we don't approve". However, it also potentially has the effect of prohibiting tourist photographs of the tower at night from being published. [1]

In a recent decision, the Court of Cassation ruled that an architect could not claim copyright over images including one building the design of which they held the copyright if the photograph encompasses a larger area. This seems to indicate that SNTE cannot claim copyright on photographs of Paris incorporating the lighted tower at night.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.