Boeing 777-240LR induction ceremony - photos by Moin - III

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Boeing 777-240LR induction ceremony - photos by Moin - III

Post by Abbas Ali »

Here are photos of Boeing 777-240LR (AP-BGY) induction ceremony sent by forum member Moin. The ceremony was held at Karachi Airport on February 27, 2006.

Moin with AP-BGY – Note grounded and scrapped Airbus A300s in the background with a lone PAF Boeing 707 transporter.

Guests attending the ceremony.

An employee of the airline.

PIA aircraft engineers in their office.

PIA aircraft engineers.

Another employee of the airline.

Thank you Moin for sharing excellent photos.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Asslam u alikum

Very nice pictures of 777-240LR (AP-BGY) induction ceremony at KHI.

Thanks for sharing Moin.

A.Aziz
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Notice to desktop picture of the PIA engineer computer.

A.Aziz
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

Desktop photo ? I can't make it out? is it PIA a/c?
PK773ER
Registered Member

Post by PK773ER »

yes the one taken at houston!
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

oxon wrote:Desktop photo ? I can't make it out? is it PIA a/c?
Yes it is, Checkout part of the tail visible, we can see some part of the flag as well on it.
Adnan
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Yes it is picture that took at toronto of BGK & BGL.

A.Aziz
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The guy on the left in the second pic is Glenn (can't remember his surname) who is part of the Boeing sales team. He's the guy who told me that the 747-8 is still in the development stages and that they will offer it to PIA and are at the same time will be observing the success rate of the A380. He's the one who told me that the A340 is a crappy a/c as compared to the 777, something I can't help but agree with him on.

The 4th and 5th pics of the guy sitting at his desk, he is the head of the engineering dept and yes that was a 777 pic on his desktop. They scour through airliners.net all the time and were shocked to see that pics of BGY appeared on the site within hours of it landing at MAN. They were like "Its not even arrived here and already pictures are on the net".

All of them were extremely hospitable to me to the extent that they wanted to take down some posters of the 787 and 777 from the walls and give them to me but I declined as it was part of their office decor and would look much better there then in my room. I'm satisfied with the 2006 Boeing calendar I have on my wall but agreed to accept an RB211 fan blade they plan on presenting to me mounted on a wooden stand. I guess they wanted to reciprocate for the dozen or so 744, A340, 777 and MD11 models I gave them as gifts. I had so many extras and doubles I didn't know what to do with them and what better people to give them to?
Moin Abbasi
Aftab PK786
Registered Member

Good

Post by Aftab PK786 »

Usalamulkium,

Excellent pictures.
Long Live Pakistan and Its People
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I'll tell you one thing though, when I looked at that a/c and when I went inside, sat in the captains seat, posed for the pics, I couldn't help but feel pride. Pride that this was my a/c, our a/c. A miracle of modern technology and we being the first ones to have it and fly it. I just hope that over time our pax don't decide to embark on a mission to damage and scratch the PTV's, window panes and the like because they're not simply causing damage to PIA's property, they're damaging our property and I have a pretty good idea of what respect some have here of public property.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Thankyou to both Moin and Abbas for sharing these great selection of photographs with us... :lol:

Your last comments Moin i cant help but wonder the same thing.....time will tell......
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Very interesting seeing that the desktop background is the same photo we loved ourselves. Thanks once again for sharing.