Landing Shots from ISB...

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Landing Shots from ISB...

Post by AP-BGL »

I took these set of photos yesterday. Islamabad's weather that day was very wet and rain was just stopped and I managed to get these shots.
i) IL-76 on final approach.

ii) Another shot of same a/c

iii) MNG (73L) from Multan

iv) Backside angle

v) Just before touch down

vi) Airblue ED211 from Dubai on finals for Isb runway
Note the Red belly, it is fourth A320 for Airblue recently leased

vii) Another shot

I hope you all would enjoy the shots!
Adnan
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Cool snaps Adnan, too bad about the weather though..

What are the MNG 737 used for ? Are they taking over operations for another aircraft ?
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

Well done once again Adnan! :)
Do try to upload your pics to MyAviation.net....
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

PK777, These MNG aircrafts are being used for domestic operations because all of the 310s are shifted to Hajj operations. The routes like ISB-KHI, ISB-MUL/UET/LHE, LYP-KHI/MUL etc etc are now being served by these leased 737-400s.
Adnan
haider123
Registered Member

Goood job !!

Post by haider123 »

excellent pictures ..Adnan (AP BGL) nice job..

I am amazed that tou not even found a single Pia plane .. nevertheless great shots....Mng 737 is leased by PIA for the haj operation s ( i guess) ....

keep them coming ...What abt Emirates pic...u can even take pic of Saudi Airlines 777 as it lands at 9 Am in moring of wednesday ,Thursday, Friday , Monday . British Airways 777 flies Early in the morning ...i have seen Gulf Air A340 aswelll. i hope u catch them in your camera ....China 757 also takes of at 12 15 pm .....dont know about kuwait airways....

just telling you about the timings ..
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Re: Goood job !!

Post by AP-BGL »

haider123 wrote:excellent pictures ..Adnan (AP BGL) nice job..

I am amazed that tou not even found a single Pia plane .. nevertheless great shots....Mng 737 is leased by PIA for the haj operation s ( i guess) ....

keep them coming ...What abt Emirates pic...u can even take pic of Saudi Airlines 777 as it lands at 9 Am in moring of wednesday ,Thursday, Friday , Monday . British Airways 777 flies Early in the morning ...i have seen Gulf Air A340 aswelll. i hope u catch them in your camera ....China 757 also takes of at 12 15 pm .....dont know about kuwait airways....

just telling you about the timings ..
Haider, Mostly all the international flights departs Islamabad earliy in the morning, like BA departs 8.00 AM, EK, 9.00 AM sometimes 2.00 AM, KW 5.00 AM, Qatar 7.00 AM etc etc, It becomes really difficuilt for me to wake up early in the morning and go to shoot them.

Yes, Saudi 777 has very good time to depart I think 12 in noon and sometimes 5 in the evening. Inshallah I would try to catch them in my camera the next time I go to runway.

BTW, Just for your information the 737 that PIA leased fron MNG are not for Hajj but for domestic operations.
Adnan
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

AAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEE ADNAN!!!

Must say the first shot is FAB!

Love the ED one ;)

Keep em comin!
haider123
Registered Member

Post by haider123 »

ahan ..thanks for the correction . i thought it was For Haj Purposes.... Btw Ek is comin on daily purposes and takes of a 3.30 pm .catch it in your camera.... bwt ...you were taking the snaps from which side ...from THE Front of the Runway .where these planes take off from ..or from the Lahore Side ..where usually planes land......ill be waiting for ur next bunch of pictures.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Thanks Saad, PK777 & kamalla for the appriciation.

Haider, You are right these planes were landing from the side they usually take-off from reason being the bad weather. I dont know why but planes land from the opposite direction from take-off and vice versa. Inshallah will take some more pictures soon!
Adnan
haider123
Registered Member

Ap Bgl

Post by haider123 »

good work... keep it up ... :lol: :P
Nauman
Registered Member

Post by Nauman »

Salam to everyone

I sometimes notice that people mention the fact that aviation photography is not allowed in Pakistan due to security issues. If I was to take a photo and get cought, what would the penalty be?

I will really asppreciate it if someone can give me a reliable answer.

Nauman
Valkyrie
Registered Member

Post by Valkyrie »

Well, yeah there's alot of cutting edge technology flying around. :wink:

Seriously, they'd probably just confisicate the camera or the memory card but thats pretty rare. A logical explanation would suffice. You're not tresspassing anyway.

If its just not your day, they'd ask you to give a little under the table money to let you off the hook. Then you could talk in English and cook up some story about having some pretty powerful relatives in some pretty high places. I used that on the outskirts of Masroor AB.

Leykin agar tu gora hai phir theik hai. They've opened their gates and archives to guys like Fricker, Steineman, Cooper, de Kruyff etc. You might even get a ride.

:)
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

This time when I was taking the shots, A police man came to me and asked what I was doing and why? I told him about my interests and hobbies. He said Ok but it wil be more feasible if I could move a little backward from the acctual place I was taking the shots.

Nauman, If you are caught taking the shots seriously you could be in real trouble if you dont have any strong background or any relattionships as said by Valkyrie. There is more security in Islamabad coz Isb airport is attached with Chaklala airbase (PAF)... I hope you understand the condition.
Adnan
haider123
Registered Member

ap bgl

Post by haider123 »

salute to your work then .....
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I have some videos as well with me of PIA 747-300 (late rotation) some MNGs, AirBlue and of this IL-76. I'll post them here soon Inshallah!
Adnan