London to Karachi on PK788 (changed image host- images can be viewed now)

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

London to Karachi on PK788 (changed image host- images can be viewed now)

Post by Zulfiqar »

Some photos from Flight PK788 LHR-KHI on 24th December 2017.
Departure Time 19:55 (pushed back 19:55 take off 20:15)
Arrival in KHI 08:40 (actual 08:15)
Aircraft 777-200ER AP-BGL
Although the inbound was slightly behind time, in the 3 hours the plane was on ground the cleaning could have been better. There was a few grains of rice on my seat (29L). Air freshener could have been used and there was no music while the passengers boarded.
It was dark and the windows were not clean. I cleaned the inside window butstill as the outside was speckled with dust I did not take many phots and the quality of those posted here is not that great.

Flight attendant helping passengers board

Dinner served about 1 hour 30 minutes in to the flight.Chicken Korma; Daal; Rice with a (1) green pea (or 2)

Not too bad; salad was ok with mayonnaise, so no point given a vinaigrette as well. Dessert was just heavy cream, i left most of it.

Breakfast

Beautiful pink clouds at dawn and a dirty window.

Can they paint PIA on the wings (like alitalia)?

At JIAP (KHI)
A320 AP-BLA at domestic terminal

couple more A320s

A Serene Air B738 was also there on the opposite side.

777-200ER AP-BGL

I could not take photos of airliners at the international terminal. There was a Qatar A359 ( i think this is not an unusual occurrence any more); a Saudia 777 and a PIA (Vietjet) A320 preparing for flight to Dhaka.

thanks for viewing!
Last edited by Zulfiqar on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Re: London to Karachi on PK788

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Thank you for sharing these photographswith a brief report! Surprised to see the IFE screen was working. Perhaps it is one of the refurbished 777s. Sad that keeping the interior or exterior of the aircraft is still not apriority for PIA.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Zulfiqar wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:50 am Flight attendant helping passengers board
I think this Boeing 777 (AP-BGL) is yet to undergo cabin refurbishment.

Following fabric design is seen in Economy Class cabin seats of airline's refurbished Boeing 777s.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

This 777 has not yet been refurbished. The OFE did work but in a strange way. After you switch to a new channel the screen went dark and a digital timer at the bottom of the screen informed the viewer on how many minutes of the programme had been played. Following about 2 minutes of this the movie of whatever was on the channel came on. I worked this out about an hour or 2 inflight.
As I did have a clue of what was being shown ( no humsafar magazine or channel guide available) I either switch the screen off and read or watch the flight guide ( no map available).
Btw, just after take off the crew had apologised for issues with the IFE and the fleet is being refurbished. Headsets were handed out about an hour into the flight but I did not take one.
At least, I did not need to stress about which movie to watch!
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Zulfiqar wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:50 amCan they paint PIA on the wings (like alitalia)?
In the past, PIA in green colour was painted on port side upper & starboard side lower area of the wing. Aircraft registration was painted on wing's starboard side upper & port side lower area.

Boeing 737-300 port side wing with PIA in green colour painted on it. It looked nice!

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: