London Heathrow to Karachi on Qatar airways

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

London Heathrow to Karachi on Qatar airways

Post by Zulfiqar »

Flew Qatar Airways on 26th July.15:05 flight from London Heathrow Terminal 4. Selected this airline/flight to experience the QR A380 , B788 and on return the A359. Departed about 30 minutes behind, landed in Doha 10 minutes ahead of schedule. Flight was full on the lower deck.

another view

16:00 flight to Doha a 773 waiting next to the A380 was another choice i had.

view while taxiing to 25R

A good IFE system and screen. I think there was less choice available than Emirates., but good enough. Seat and leg room was comfortable. Missed not having a foldable glass/cup holder available on Emirates.

Lunch served... Beef stew with mashed potatoes, delicious chicken pea salad and a really nice berry crumble with custard. Menu card was simple , unlike emirates colourful one.

Transit time in Doha about 3 hours. Passengers were bused from terminal E at Hammad Intl Airport to the B788
my seat. Seat comfortable. Flight was full. Departed 5 minutes behind schedule.

I was surprised large breakfast / dinner served. Chicken curry , rice, spinach and split daal.

landed in Karachi 5 minutes behind. Flew over Iran to avoid UAE airspace.

A PIA A320 being prepared. Flight PK788 from LHR and another (Saudi Airlines) from Riyadh had arrived so the arrivals was very busy.

Overall good experience. I found the B788 windows becoming misty as condensation (due to humidity) gathered on them on the outside when we landed in Karachi. So it was difficult to take more photos there.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Re: London Heathrow to Karachi on Qatar airways

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Thanks for posting the review. Look forward to your feeback on the return journey on the A359.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Re: London Heathrow to Karachi on Qatar airways

Post by Zulfiqar »

Thanks Vaqar.
Yes. I too am looking forward to my first A350 flight.