M M Alam's Sabre

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
hazad
Registered Member

M M Alam's Sabre

Post by hazad »

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I've been through most of the images and have truly enjoyed them.

I have one question. Does anyone know or can find the whereabouts, fate, of M M Alam's F-86 Sabre, serial # 54026.

Its an important part of our heritage and must be preserved.

Thanks.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

I believe that F-86 is installed near the Lahore Mall Road close to the Punjab University and Government College area.

Can anyone provide photo, I know for sure it is that F-86 because the plaque next to it did say it is M M Alam's sabre. I am 100% positive.
Adnan Anwar
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

I think it's in Sargodha's Badamai Bagh. I saw it long time ago.
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

Is this one ??
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I guess M M Alam's Sabre is the one preserved outside PAF college Lower Topa, Murree.
Adnan
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

this is MM ALAM SABRE at town hall lahore on mall road

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Do you guys know that MM Alam is still alive and resides in Karachi!

Recently i got to though a friend who said he just do his own thing and keeps very low pro....I had thought tat he had been missing for longest time without a trace but no he is in Karachi now days..
faiq
Registered Member

Post by faiq »

MALL ROAD..OUT SIDE CITY HALL>>>NEAR PUNJAB UNI>>>dats the plac where that bird is resting..
CrAcK PiLoT
nopy99
Registered Member

Post by nopy99 »

ConnieMan wrote:Do you guys know that MM Alam is still alive and resides in Karachi!

Recently i got to though a friend who said he just do his own thing and keeps very low pro....I had thought tat he had been missing for longest time without a trace but no he is in Karachi now days..
Wow. The last ace in a day to be recorded!

I winder if he ever goes to Gulberg Lahore and dines at MM ALam road
Pineapple
Registered Member

Post by Pineapple »

ConnieMan wrote:Do you guys know that MM Alam is still alive and resides in Karachi!

Wonderful. Any more information do you have about him? Share it plz.
4 engines 4 long-haul
udaas
Registered Member

Post by udaas »

If you are in Karachi, please go and take a photo of him and post it here for all of us. He ia a real hero.
hazad
Registered Member

Post by hazad »

Thanks for all the responses.

His Sabre had 11 Indian flags painted on the side. The number was 54026. I hope they didn't repaint it and give it some dummy number.

I have a feeling is preserved at one of the bases, I've heard the base in Quetta has a well preserved Sabre which they use for ceremonial purposes.

If anyone has a friend or relative in PAF, perhaps they can dig into the records.

Thanks.
yousaf465
Registered Member

Post by yousaf465 »

Need to check with official PAF sources
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Mohammed Mahmood Alam must have flown PAF Sabres bearing various serial numbers but his personal favourite Sabre was North American F-86F Sabre (serial number 52-5026) and it was marked with ace pilot's victory tally - a total of eleven Indian flags painted below cockpit canopy - nine Indian flags represented nine confirmed kills and two smaller Indian flags indicated two probable kills. I believe 52-5026 is the Sabre with which Alam scored all or majority of enemy aircraft kills.

Here's photo showing Alam in his favourite F-86F Sabre serial# 52-5026. Note Indian flags painted below cockpit.

M.M. Alam in his favourite F-86F Sabre serial# 52-5026 - Photo scanned from book titled 'Battle for Pakistan - The Air War of 1965' by John Fricker

There are no recent photos of Alam's favourite F-86F Sabre serial# 52-5026 or at least I have not seen any recent photos of 52-5026. I guess after 1965 war, the aircraft was lost in a non-combat accident or probably lost on the ground or lost in combat while being flown by some other pilot during 1971 war? Otherwise 52-5026 would have been on display at some prominent place in Pakistan.

Here, I would also like to add that Alam transitioned to Dassault Mirage and one of PAF's first batch of Dassault Mirage III fighter bombers on its delivery flight to Pakistan in March 1968 was flown by then Wing Commander M.M. Alam.

The Sabre (serial# 1728) on display outside Lahore Metropolitan Corporation Building, Lahore, is one of ex-Luftwaffe Canadair CL-13B Sabre Mk 6 aircraft that were acquired by Pakistan through Iran after 1965 Pak-India war. It means Sabre serial# 1728 was not in PAF inventory during 1965 war. The ex-Luftwaffe Canadair CL-13B Sabre Mk 6 aircraft were designated as F-86E Sabre in PAF and took part in 1971 war.

Here's few years old photo of Canadair CL-13B Sabre Mk 6 (serial# 1728) on display outside Lahore Metropolitan Corporation Building, Lahore.

A Canadair CL-13B Sabre Mk 6 (serial# 1728) designated as F-86E Sabre in PAF on display outside Lahore Metropolitan Corporation Building, Lahore.

I've watched interviews of M.M. Alam on Pakistan Defence Day related TV shows in recent years. He's a very simple and humble man.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
hazad
Registered Member

Post by hazad »

Thanks for the information Mr. Ali.

That aircraft is a big part of our National Pride, it would be sad if it was lost in some incident.

It would be good to get some sort of official confirmation on it, but, it would depend on what kind of connection we have in the air force.

Go to www.vintagewings.ca , these are all aircraft owned by a private owner, Micheal Potter. They're all in flying condition. He recently acquired a Sabre, I saw it up close, absolutely beautiful.

It gave me an idea that maybe some of the wrecks of the T-33s at Masroor, and wrecks in other places can be bought back into flying.

What do you all think?