Emirates..the UK's new national carrier !

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
pkjet
Registered Member

Emirates..the UK's new national carrier !

Post by pkjet »

A380 model at Heathrow, Football Stadium owndership and now a tower named the Emirates Tower...!!

NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND, 5th September 2007 - Britain's newest air traffic control centre was today named The Newcastle Emirates Tower as the Dubai-based international airline announced a new sponsorship partnership with Newcastle International Airport.

The airport, scene of the launch of its first ever scheduled long haul service between Dubai and Newcastle last Saturday, unveiled the state-of-the-art tower at a ceremony attended by Emirates Airline President Tim Clark and the Right Honourable Nick Brown, MP, UK government minister for the North East.

The new tower, standing 45 metres high, commands a panoramic view of Newcastle and the surrounding coast and countryside and is being heralded as a new icon for the region.

The Newcastle Emirates Tower will carry the award-winning airline’s logo and today gave VIP guests the perfect view of the incoming Emirates flight EK035.

Mr Clark said today: “Our sponsorship of this stunning new tower reflects the close co-operation we have enjoyed with Newcastle Airport in the successful launch of our daily service between Newcastle and Dubai.

“This is another first for Emirates and the tower reflects our own vision – modern, innovative, and designed with the customer in mind.”

David Laws, Chief Operating Officer of Newcastle International Airport, said: “We are delighted that Emirates is joining us in a partnership that supports a modern, progressive future for our operation. It is fitting that such a cutting-edge facility will carry the Emirates name.”

The £8.2 million landmark development stands at twice the height of the Angel of The North and replaces the previous tower which served the airport for 40 years. The UK’s National Air Traffic Services (NATS) has installed the latest systems making it the one of the most technologically advanced control towers in the UK.

http://www.emirates.com/uk/AboutEmirate ... =2007&St=2
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

COOL! Im happy with that. :D
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
GLA777
Registered Member

Post by GLA777 »

They certenly have more international flights from non-London airports than our self preclamed national carrier, BA do.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Haha. I've heard that so much since I moved to Glasgow. It never really occurred to me when I was in London, but you're absolutely right. I'm sure you've heard the phrase London Airways too? :D
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

BA seem to have capitalised LHR and LGW. Personally I think they need to be routing more flights through Manchester, Glasgow followed by Belfast and Cardiff.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

EK are also close to becoming Pakistan's national carrier, especially in Khi. They're out for global domination, but they better not bite off more than they can chew.
Moin Abbasi