UKIA on Islam Channel now!! (4th August 21:30 GMT)

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

UKIA on Islam Channel now!! (4th August 21:30 GMT)

Post by Adnaan786 »

Switch to channel 813 (Sky) now. UKIA management on Saturday Night Live on Islam Channell.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Running commentary:

Talking about that they're specifically looking to cater for the muslim community. Won't serve wine etc. Keep talking about Hajj flights. Not putting their thoughts across well as to why people would want to travel with their airline as opposed to BA or other charters etc.

Been 5 years in the making. Hoping to start services end of this month.

Salim Arshad (ex-Director General Pak CAA) is the commercial director.

Management made up of ex-travel agent and property developer. Claim to have financed solely from own funds.

Claim to be looking closely at the 787 for the future.

First impressions - look like amateurs.

Their pilots will tell the pax when it is prayer time etc - man these guys are making me laugh.

Their moto is: "bringing together people and blending cultures." I could swear they said they only cater for the Muslim community...! :lol:

BREAK
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Asked about luggage allowance: Commercial director is starting to talk about the 'whole package' so Sajid (presenter) adds fares to the equation too. Commercial director still jabbering about nonsense background information - talking about landing charges, maintenance costs, salaries...? I'm sure he will answer the question eventually. "We are not claiming to be a low-cost airline. We are a full service schedule airline. We want to be culturally and religiously sensitive as possible." This guy is giving a lecture on airline management now.... talking about how competitive they want to be. But saying everything will take time....this guy is clever! (Sorry about the sarcasm).

Ok now they've cleverly moved onto the Menu and avoided the previous question on baggage allowance and tariffs. Some catering firm in Bradford will be providing the food. Mentioning some foods...I'm sure I heard Stuffed Paratha in there :lol: this is classic . Talking about they will know exactly where all their food has originated from.

Moving onto schedules.... back to the commercial director for this and he starts by giving a lecture on slots. Now talking about processing pax and bags through the terminal?!..... and he ends on that... I think its fair to say he avoided that one too.

Moving to the Managing director (Mir Zaman, ex-travel agent): Asked how bookings will be made and if they offer full packages. They have travel agents in Birmingham, Luton, London, Bradford. Will offer full packages - taxis, hotels, flights.... and the Commercial Director asks to answer that one and I use the word answer loosely because he's avoided all questions so far. He claims they have given their travel agents strict guidelines to follow to ensure quality of service. Mentions their website and says you can book tickets on there too. Talks about transparency and simplicity on their ticketing!?! Asifa Rehana (HR/Finance Director) says you can change the ticket once for free. If you change the ticket more than once you will be charged.

Haha. The CEO says they are YASAR and JAA approved. YASAR is probably EASA!

Commercial Director talking about their moto which has changed from the one the CEO mentioned (in previous post): "connecting communities, building cultures." Man this is running so smoothly...not. Now talking about In-flight entertainment. Full In-flight entertainment available. Music, films etc.... how islamic...

HAHAHA this is too funny: CEO once again changes their moto to "connecting communities and blending culutres" - atleast he's getting closer!

and that's the end.

Make of it what you will. But I'm amazed they are starting services!! Seem very very amateur. Their moto contradicts their target group, and they all contradict that by mentioning they will also do Sikh pilgrimages. The only guy who has any real aviation knowledge is the commercial director. Rest are there just there for the ride by the looks of it.

I forgot to mention Asifa Rehana the Finance and HR director is ex-cabin crew from India. Sorry but I didn't catch the name of the CEO but he's the guy who made his money in the property sector.

Management
? (CEO, ex-property developer)
Mir Zaman (MD, ex-travel agent)
Salim Arshad (Commercial Director, ex-DG CAA Pak)
Asifa Rehana (Finance Director/HR, ex-cabincrew)
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

I did some research and it seems Salim Arshad the commercial director held a senior position with Pearl Air a year ago. Since his move he has been replaced at Pearl Air.

Air Marshal Salim Arshad Ex-PAF
Executive Chairman
salim.arshad@pearlair.com.pk
GLA777
Registered Member

Post by GLA777 »

Any idea on destinations etc?
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Mentioned Sharjah, Islamabad, Dhaka, Mali, Gambia, US & Canada to name a few.