Check in baggage with two seperate tickets

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
DSM
Registered Member

Post by DSM »

Here is my situation... I bought DSM-DXB trip with NWA/KLM airlines. I am stopping over in Dubai for a couple of days then going to visit Karachi with Emirates. I bought DXB-KHI ticket using my Emirates miles. On my return trip I do not want a stop over in Dubai. Now I am getting concerned about my luggage since I have two seperate tickets. Would Emirates staff at karachi airport check in my baggage all the way to my final destination in US if I show them both tickets? Has anyone been in this situation? if not, then I have no other option but to spend a night in Dubai since my KLM connection is only three hours away.

Thanks!
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

but if its only 3 hrs, then y not just go through DXB and stretch ur legs for a while and see the airport in 3 hrs (which is enouhg to look around) and catch ur next flight to US!
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
DSM
Registered Member

Post by DSM »

The problem is if they don't check in my luggage all the way to US, then I will need to go through immigration and customs again in DXB, get out of the airport and then go back in which will take much more than 3 hours and makes no sense at all! I just got an email back from Emirates and they are saying checkin at KHI should take care of the tags all the way to US if I show them both tickets. I will find out more just in case.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

ohh... they are right, it will be booked all the way to US if u show both tickets, dun worry.
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

PIA10141 wrote:ohh... they are right, it will be booked all the way to US if u show both tickets, dun worry.
This is not necessarily the case. You are basically at the mercy of the check-in agent at the time you show up at the airport. However, if you have EK in KHI make a notation in your PNR that you are traveling on two distinct itineraries, they will link the two and you should be fine. Just check and double check with EK.
DSM
Registered Member

Post by DSM »

SAlamPaks,

makes sense! thank you for the reply. I will check with EK in karachi.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

if you have a stop over of less than 72 hours (3 days) then ur luggage should be checked in all the way.... won't be that difficult.
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141